Help: Asrock Xtreme4 in Corsair 200R case

Status
Not open for further replies.

chubacca84

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
I'm putting my computer together. The holes in Asrock Xtreme4 motherboard don't seem to match with Corsair 200R case; there are more standoffs than holes in the mobo. I was confident in research that they fit though. Help! Thanks.

Solution
The extreme 4 is too short to hit them all as I understand it. I'll know more this week when I get mine, but one side will hang off a bit.

chubacca84

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Okay, maybe I'm dumb or missed something. So not all screwpoints in the case are used? How do I make sure they don't touch the motherboard?

I've been trying to find a tutorial, but any help woudl be appreciated!

To clarify: there are 11 screw points in the 200R case, but only 8 holes in Asrock xtreme4 mobo.

chubacca84

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
The problem is these are unremovable standoffs. If I don't use them, I think they will poke into the asrock xtreme4 motherboard.

I too feel like this case should be designed to fit the motherboard, but i can't figure out how those extra unremovable standoffs will not damage it.

chubacca84

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
The answer to all riddles, and I want to thank you guys for your input, is that the asrock extreme4 is indeed smaller than I thought, so some of the unremovable standoffs don't touch it. I had to remove one of the removable standoffs, and it fit!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.