Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

FIRST NEW CUSTOM GAMING COMPUTER BUILD

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 6, 2013 6:58:25 PM

Hello, I am building my first gaming PC for around $1200. I want a very strong, long lasting PC. Ive got a good idea of what I want, and believe I have a really good list. The only thing is, Im not 100% sure all the parts are compatible!!!! If there is anyone that is very knowledgeable of computer requirements, I wold be very appreciative for your assistance in knowing if I have any connectivity issues.
(PS im using New Egg for parts)


*****LIST*****



COOLER MASTER Storm Scout SGC-2000-KKN1-GP Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case


Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80619i73820


XFX Black DD FX-785A-CDBC Radeon HD 7850 2GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card


ASUS Rampage IV Gene LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard


OCZ Fatal1ty 750W Modular Gaming 80Plus Bronze Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandy Bridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom


Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive


COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+


G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL


LITE-ON Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive Model iHDS118-04 - OEM


Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
February 6, 2013 7:05:50 PM

dont get that cpu or mb. get a 3570k. that will leave you with extra money for a better gpu.
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:07:16 PM

You have a mid-low end card and an overkill cpu, for gaming, get the i5-3570k+z77 motherboard, like the asrock extreme 4 or asus z77 LK.
Get a better card, like the 7870 le or the 7950.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 6, 2013 7:10:46 PM

djangoringo said:
You have a mid-low end card and an overkill cpu, for gaming, get the i5-3570k+z77 motherboard, like the asrock extreme 4 or asus z77 LK.
Get a better card, like the 7870 le or the 7950.


Took the words right out of my mouth. Though, to be clear, the "LE" version is labeled "XT".
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:15:15 PM

Here is my opinion:

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
RAM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
HDD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
ODD: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Total: $1,088.91

If you want, you can throw in a 64GB Crucial M4 for your boot drive, some applications and possibly even some games which will load games faster.

If you want the cost down without sacrificing too much performance then I'd recommend switching out the GPU for a 7950, you'll see a decrease of performance but the 7950 is still a great GPU for the price. -$80

If you don't use too much storage then you could opt out for a Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB. -$35
---
There is no reason for an i7, let alone a socket 2011 build. You're not going to benefit from the extra threads that the 3820 offers as games don't utilize the extra threads on the CPU. Plus if you did need an i7 you can get a 3770K for a tad more but the Z77 motherboards are considerably less compared to LGA2011 boards.
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:15:47 PM

I would sill prefer to get a newer LGA 2011 motherboard and LGA 2011 cpu. So could I get a lest say...i5 LGA 2011 cpu to go with a compatible LGA 2011 motherboard, then spend a bit more on the video card?
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:15:56 PM

There's no i5 on the lga 2011, the cheapest cpu is the i7-3820, the i5-3570k is cheaper.


Something like this :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($90.17 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1087.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)


Or with the 7870 XT :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($90.17 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1137.07
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:24:07 PM

anything to recommend for a real good intel i5 processor and a real good motherboard to go with a for LGA 1155


EVGA 02G-P4-3667-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti FTW 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:26:15 PM

or is that gpu worth the increase in price? The main thing is , I want to play games like ARMA and BF3 and MMOs at a VERY high level. (as best as possible)
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:27:45 PM

Godfather32 said:
I would sill prefer to get a newer LGA 2011 motherboard and LGA 2011 cpu. So could I get a lest say...i5 LGA 2011 cpu to go with a compatible LGA 2011 motherboard, then spend a bit more on the video card?



2011 socket doesn't mean "newer"
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:28:53 PM

The gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H is a good board for the i5-3570K.
The 7950 or 660 ti are a good choice, the 7950 offers two games, crysis 3 and bioshock infinite, the 660 ti is a good card, though.
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:32:09 PM

Arma and BF3 loves Nvidia so the 660 ti is a optimal choice(arma also loves processing power)

I would go with i5+660 Ti if arma and bf3 is going to be the main thing you are going to play or get an FX 8320+670(if you can get it in)

m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:38:40 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz 8-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight II SD1283 Night Hawk Edition 89.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($132.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($80.00 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 EG 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.88 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout 2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: Rosewill Capstone 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($94.99 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1139.78
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-06 16:38 EST-0500)

bioshock and tombraider are pretty fun games but they are single player games and will have price reduction pretty fast(also you can just torrent it) the EVGA 670 comes with a free online game(primal carnage) which is a decent game(only $20 or around there though) its kind of like Left for dead 2 doing zombies vs humans in PvP but just changes the zombies into dinosaurs
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:40:36 PM

The i5-3570k is fine, i'd get the intel cpu, the 670 gtx is a good option if he can afford it.
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:41:52 PM

socket 2011 will have a longer life span though. 1055 is dead in the water, no upgrades will be released.

2011 still has ivybridge-e and possibly haswell
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:44:37 PM

Yes, with cpus of 500$ or more.
The i5-3570k is a good cpu for gaming, no point in getting an i7-3820 or the lga 2011 motherboard, for such budget.
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:45:44 PM

neon neophyte said:
socket 2011 will have a longer life span though. 1055 is dead in the water, no upgrades will be released.

2011 still has ivybridge-e and possibly haswell


i think haswell is the one with the all-in-ones for CPU+mobo, of course they can change it if they see it failing.

1155 is a better option than 2011 because of his budget and games do not really use a lot of processing power. You may as well get a strong GPU+a 1155 chipset than a weak GPU+a 2011 chipset
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 7:54:01 PM

oh i agree, the z77 setup would make for a much more balanced system. just saying, socket 2011 does have more life left in it
m
0
l
February 6, 2013 10:31:58 PM

@godfather - Is the reason you're using newegg the credit card? Otherwise I would consider using amazon as well (you'll save a little money that way).

You won't get anything out more out of the i7 compared to the i5 in this build while gaming. The memory in this is more OC-able. The MOBO is better, as is the GPU. The power supply, one could easily argue, is as well.

Here's what I just built ordered, I'll build it tomorrow when I get my last two parts. You'll get bioshock infinity and tomb raider games with this build as well. You could always change the case to save a little. I went with the winner of the "silent" case award by tomshardware. I also paid over $100 less than this price using amazon and microcenter: Total cost is 1204.89 purchased strictly through newegg.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($205.18 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($75.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($91.32 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($244.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($107.98 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1122.40
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-06 19:30 EST-0500)
m
0
l
February 7, 2013 5:10:54 AM

eyeage said:
@godfather - Is the reason you're using newegg the credit card? Otherwise I would consider using amazon as well (you'll save a little money that way).

You won't get anything out more out of the i7 compared to the i5 in this build while gaming. The memory in this is more OC-able. The MOBO is better, as is the GPU. The power supply, one could easily argue, is as well.

Here's what I just built ordered, I'll build it tomorrow when I get my last two parts. You'll get bioshock infinity and tomb raider games with this build as well. You could always change the case to save a little. I went with the winner of the "silent" case award by tomshardware. I also paid over $100 less than this price using amazon and microcenter: Total cost is 1204.89 purchased strictly through newegg.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($205.18 @ Microcenter)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($75.00 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($91.32 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($244.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Titanium Grey) ATX Mid Tower Case ($107.98 @ Microcenter)
Power Supply: SeaSonic G 550W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($89.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1122.40
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-06 19:30 EST-0500)


The ram is out of stock so you are actually going to be paying $60 for them on amazon

you can get a much better SSD than the 840, get the M5S

I would opt for a 750W for SLI/CFX config

Case is pretty good quality but i like the 500R or the Haf XM a bit more for fan options and air flow
m
0
l
February 7, 2013 6:23:48 AM

boulbox said:
The ram is out of stock so you are actually going to be paying $60 for them on amazon


I got mine at microcenter for 47.98+tax

boulbox said:

you can get a much better SSD than the 840, get the M5S


Read speeds are faster on the Samsung. I think they know what they're doing when it comes to memory. Not sure why you think Plextor is a "much better ssd"... curious to hear the reasoning

boulbox said:

I would opt for a 750W for SLI/CFX config


I opted for a single GPU, as I was already over my initial budget. The 550 met my needs.

boulbox said:


Case is pretty good quality but i like the 500R or the Haf XM a bit more for fan options and air flow


I went for a quiet case, as I didn't want to have a jet engine in my office.


Everyone is different. Each to their own. I was just telling the guy what I ordered.
m
0
l
February 7, 2013 6:35:40 AM

i like vertex 4s personally, samsung 840s are a close second though
m
0
l
February 7, 2013 6:50:11 AM

the 840 uses the wrong kind of nand memory, it uses the one on phones and such(which are slow) and the write on it is just bad. it is listed as tier 3-4 for SSDs for a reason(they did a much better job on the pro and the 256GB though)

as for the 500R, it is pretty quiet. Has a good amount of fans with great airflow same as the Haf XM(XM being a bit louder because it does not have that Fan controller i believe)

It is great to put your build as a reference but you should always further optimize the build for the OP so he can get everything he needs/wants like if he wants to do SLI/CFX in the future
m
0
l
February 7, 2013 7:37:27 AM

boulbox said:
the 840 uses the wrong kind of nand memory, it uses the one on phones and such(which are slow) and the write on it is just bad. it is listed as tier 3-4 for SSDs for a reason(they did a much better job on the pro and the 256GB though)
lol... I get it, the 840 isn't the "Best SSD", but for $99 who would expect to be? It will function very well for the needs. Still don't see why the plextor is a "much better" SSD (if you speaking about degredation, it'll outlive the system's relevance). I might buy into the 840 pro is a "much better" SSD, and it's what I would upgrade to if I felt the need. I didn't feel the small amount of benefit it would grant to be worth the $40 premium (40% increase in cost for much less than 40% increase in ability), and I doubt the OP does either.

boulbox said:

as for the 500R, it is pretty quiet. Has a good amount of fans with great airflow same as the Haf XM(XM being a bit louder because it does not have that Fan controller i believe)


Case is kinda personal, either way you look at it. You like the 500R, great!
boulbox said:

It is great to put your build as a reference but you should always further optimize the build for the OP so he can get everything he needs/wants like if he wants to do SLI/CFX in the future


I don't remember him saying he was going to SLI?CFX. Further optimize how, exactly? I think he had a budget, too. Show me an equivilant CFX/SLI build that is under $1200.
m
0
l
February 7, 2013 7:54:21 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($32.97 @ Outlet PC)
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($109.99 @ Microcenter)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3 EG 1TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.88 @ Outlet PC)
Storage: Plextor M5S Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($94.99 @ Microcenter)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($359.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair 500R White ATX Mid Tower Case ($101.93 @ Mac Connection)
Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 750W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($15.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
Total: $1194.69
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-07 16:46 EST-0500)

Just saying that MLC nand is much better than TLC. Not like games does to much read and write anyways and the M5S is cheaper while giving the better MLC nand.

Got him a stronger GPU while i was at it(can be changed to a 7970 for about $20 investment)

GPU may not be gold rated but bronze is far more than needed but if he really wanted a gold rated PSU
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-caps...
few $s more and the 670 OCed doesnt take a lot of power anyways even in SLI

ASrock extreme4 vs ASUS LK, not much of a difference between the two besides that the extreme4 is a bit smaller/uses less screws so the board may bend if using to much force

m
0
l
February 8, 2013 2:21:50 PM

djangoringo said:
There's no i5 on the lga 2011, the cheapest cpu is the i7-3820, the i5-3570k is cheaper.


Something like this :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: HIS Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($289.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($90.17 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1087.08
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)


Or with the 7870 XT :

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($229.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($43.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($239.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($90.17 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224BB DVD/CD Writer ($17.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $1137.07
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)







hello we talked yesterday about building a custom pc. if you could help me a little bit more im about to order within the next few minutes, message me back if you can help.
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 2:23:13 PM


SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM
Item #: N82E16827151256
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy



$15.99




Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822148840
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

Recover Your Data(expand for options)

-$30.00 Instant


$109.99
$79.99




HIS IceQ H795Q3G2M Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

HIS IceQ H795Q3G2M Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Item #: N82E16814161407
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)



$344.99

1

AMD Gift coupon: Crysis 3 + Bioshock Inf.

AMD Gift coupon: Crysis 3 + Bioshock Inf.
Item #: N82E16800995145
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

-$169.99 Saving


$169.99
$0.00




SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Item #: N82E16817151095
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

-$45.00 Instant


$124.99
$79.99




Microsoft Desktop 400 5MH-00001 Black USB Wired Standard Keyboard

Microsoft Desktop 400 5MH-00001 Black USB Wired Standard Keyboard
Item #: N82E16823109232
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

-$7.00 Instant


$26.99
$19.99




ARCTIC MX4 Thermal Paste - 4gram

ARCTIC MX4 Thermal Paste - 4gram
Item #: N82E16835186038
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

-$5.00 Instant


$14.99
$9.99




Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0
Item #: N82E16820148662
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy

-$4.00 Instant


$47.99
$43.99




GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813128546
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

-$10.00 Instant
$15.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$144.99
$134.99




Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
Item #: N82E16819116504
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)



$229.99




COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel ...
Item #: N82E16835103099
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

-$3.00 Instant
$5.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$37.99
$34.99




ADATA Premier Pro SP900 ASP900S3-128GM-C 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

ADATA Premier Pro SP900 ASP900S3-128GM-C 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Item #: N82E16820211602
Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

-$10.00 Instant


$109.99
$99.99




Nippon Labs Premium High Performance HDMI Cable 6 ft. HDMI TO HDMI Cable A/V Gold Plated for 1080P cable HDTV Cable PS3 Cable and Xbox 360 Cable

Nippon Labs Premium High Performance HDMI Cable 6 ft. HDMI TO HDMI Cable A/V Gold Plated for 1080P cable HDTV Cable PS3 Cable ...
Item #: N82E16812816002
Return Policy: Computer Cables and Accessories Extended Return Policy
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 2:25:30 PM

i was going to get the (HIS H795QC3G2M) that you recomended however it was out of stock. ps if im spending that much on a video card what is the difference between this and a EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 2:41:16 PM

You can get the sapphire 7870XT for a good solid card, but if you want the 7950 with crysis 3, there's the sapphire 7950 : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
The 670 GTX is better, but it's more expensive, if you don't care for the games, and have that much to spend, the 670 gtx is a better card.
The rest of the build is fine, with good parts.
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 2:46:16 PM

thank alot you have been a big help!!! ps what makes the 670 gtx better? and what is the difference between the 289.99 radeon 7950 and what to me, looks like the same one but $60 more??
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 2:54:09 PM

If you see the benchmarks, the 670 outperforms the 7950, the 670 GTX is the best high-end card of the nvidia 600 series, it's performs almost as the 680 gtx, but it's a lot cheaper.
The 7950, though, with the two games, free makes it a good value card.
See here for overall performance of the cards : http://tpucdn.com/reviews/EVGA/GTX_670_FTW_Signature_2/...
That's with the updated drivers either from nvidia or amd ones.
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:00:16 PM

So should i go with the
HIS IceQ H795Q3G2M Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card ($344.99)
Or should i get the
EVGA 02G-P4-2670-KR GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card ($379.99)

and is this the correct EVGA?
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:04:59 PM

I do want the 2 free games, so what should i go with. PS the extra cost is not a big deal with these 2.

SAPPHIRE 100352-2L Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

HIS IceQ H795Q3G2M Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:06:47 PM

If you want a 7950, get the sapphire 7950 for just $289.99 after mir.
The sapphire is as good as the HIS card and it's cheaper.
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:08:37 PM

will i still be able to play games like BF3 and ARMA theHunter and crysis on top settings with the 7950
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:08:52 PM

I guess so, if you can overclock the card a bit, it will perform as good as the 7970.
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:18:55 PM

this is my final cart at checkout. Im still UNDER budget by about $20. Do you see anything on this list that can be slightly upgraded for not much cash? ie power supply to 750w 80+ or better ram something like that?



SAMSUNG DVD Burner SATA Model SH-224BB - OEM
Item #: N82E16827151256
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)



$15.99




Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822148840
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

Recover Your Data(expand for options)

-$30.00 Instant


$109.99
$79.99




SAPPHIRE 100352-2L Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

SAPPHIRE 100352-2L Radeon HD 7950 3GB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
Item #: N82E16814202006
Return Policy: VGA Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

-$10.00 Instant
$20.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$319.99
$309.99

1

AMD Gift coupon: Crysis 3 + Bioshock Inf.

AMD Gift coupon: Crysis 3 + Bioshock Inf.
Item #: N82E16800995145
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

-$169.99 Saving


$169.99
$0.00




SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3 / EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
Item #: N82E16817151095
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

-$45.00 Instant


$124.99
$79.99




ARCTIC MX4 Thermal Paste - 4gram

ARCTIC MX4 Thermal Paste - 4gram
Item #: N82E16835186038
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

-$5.00 Instant


$14.99
$9.99




Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0

Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Profile Desktop Memory Model BLS2K4G3D1609ES2LX0
Item #: N82E16820148662
Return Policy: Memory Standard Return Policy

-$4.00 Instant


$47.99
$43.99




GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Item #: N82E16813128546
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

-$10.00 Instant
$15.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$144.99
$134.99




Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I53570K
Item #: N82E16819116504
Return Policy: CPU Replacement Only Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)



$229.99




Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - OEM
Item #: N82E16832116986
Return Policy: Software Standard Return Policy



$99.99




COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel 2011/1366/1155 and AMD FM1/FM2/AM3+

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 EVO RR-212E-20PK-R2 Continuous Direct Contact 120mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Compatible with latest Intel ...
Item #: N82E16835103099
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

-$3.00 Instant
$5.00 Mail-in Rebate Card

$37.99
$34.99




ADATA Premier Pro SP900 ASP900S3-128GM-C 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

ADATA Premier Pro SP900 ASP900S3-128GM-C 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Item #: N82E16820211602
Return Policy: Limited Replacement Only Return Policy

Protect Your Investment (expand for options)

-$10.00 Instant


$109.99
$99.99




Nippon Labs Premium High Performance HDMI Cable 6 ft. HDMI TO HDMI Cable A/V Gold Plated for 1080P cable HDTV Cable PS3 Cable and Xbox 360 Cable

Nippon Labs Premium High Performance HDMI Cable 6 ft. HDMI TO HDMI Cable A/V Gold Plated for 1080P cable HDTV Cable PS3 Cable ...
Item #: N82E16812816002
Return Policy: Computer Cables and Accessories Extended Return Policy


m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:35:43 PM

Nope, it's fine, but you don't need additional thermal paste, the hyper 212 evo already has one.
Save the 20$ or more in a game on steam.
m
0
l
February 8, 2013 3:40:54 PM

thanks a lot!!!! goodbye xbox, HELLOOOOO PC!!!!
m
0
l
!