NOKIA 6230 and a Bluetooth Dongle

Last response: in Brands
April 28, 2005 11:55:49 AM

Hi guys

I have a question about my NOKIA 6230 and a Bluetooth Dongle recently
installed...

The USB cable I had previously worked just fine (if a little slow) but the
thought of a wireless solution was too much to resist so bought the
afore-said Dongle. Now the Dongle works fine (if even slower and performs as
expected however... Any file more than a few MB (I tend to use the phone for
listening to Audio Books) seems to time out.

Is this typical of Bluetooth / NOKIA, or is there some setting that can be
optimised for better data transfer? I know there are newer version of the
NOKIA OS available, should I consider this as a possible solution?

Thanks in advance

Regards

George

NOKIA 6230
Win XP Home
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 10:22:54 PM

George,

This may not be the answer you want (as more cost!), but you may find it
better to use a card reader, to load/offload files from your 6230 (memory
card).

The transfer rate will probably be quicker than BT anyhow.

Downside....You'll need to remove your card from the phone each time you
want to up/download LARGE files in this manner.

Check out www.7dayshop.com (They're in the Channel Islands). Their prices
are very keen on card readers, and memory cards (MMC/SD and others).

Good luck

"George Wood" <georgewoodmidi(no-spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys
>
> I have a question about my NOKIA 6230 and a Bluetooth Dongle recently
> installed...
>
> The USB cable I had previously worked just fine (if a little slow) but the
> thought of a wireless solution was too much to resist so bought the
> afore-said Dongle. Now the Dongle works fine (if even slower and performs
as
> expected however... Any file more than a few MB (I tend to use the phone
for
> listening to Audio Books) seems to time out.
>
> Is this typical of Bluetooth / NOKIA, or is there some setting that can be
> optimised for better data transfer? I know there are newer version of the
> NOKIA OS available, should I consider this as a possible solution?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards
>
> George
>
> NOKIA 6230
> Win XP Home

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:19:37 PM

Hi Kevin

Thanks for taking time out to reply... The USB / Serial cable works just
fine; I can send files any size up to the 256MB limit of the MMC card. I
just thought a Bluetooth Dongle would be a more elegant solution (one less
cable).

I was thinking maybe the 6230 firmware could be upgraded, there's also a
newer version of PC Suite available too. just though there might have been
something I've overlooked.

Thanks again

"Kevin I Chapple" <kevinx@NOTTHISBITearthling.net> wrote in message
news:D 4r65c$950$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...
> George,
>
> This may not be the answer you want (as more cost!), but you may find it
> better to use a card reader, to load/offload files from your 6230 (memory
> card).
>
> The transfer rate will probably be quicker than BT anyhow.
>
> Downside....You'll need to remove your card from the phone each time you
> want to up/download LARGE files in this manner.
>
> Check out www.7dayshop.com (They're in the Channel Islands). Their prices
> are very keen on card readers, and memory cards (MMC/SD and others).
>
> Good luck
>

> "George Wood" <georgewoodmidi(no-spam)@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I have a question about my NOKIA 6230 and a Bluetooth Dongle recently
>> installed...
>>
>> The USB cable I had previously worked just fine (if a little slow) but
>> the
>> thought of a wireless solution was too much to resist so bought the
>> afore-said Dongle. Now the Dongle works fine (if even slower and performs
> as
>> expected however... Any file more than a few MB (I tend to use the phone
> for
>> listening to Audio Books) seems to time out.
>>
>> Is this typical of Bluetooth / NOKIA, or is there some setting that can
>> be
>> optimised for better data transfer? I know there are newer version of the
>> NOKIA OS available, should I consider this as a possible solution?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> George
>>
>> NOKIA 6230
>> Win XP Home

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 5:29:42 AM

Hi George.

I can understand where you're coming from, with the cables and all, AND the
fact the MMC card would need to be removed each time you wanted to use the
card reader :-(

With regard to the s/w for the 6230, the current is 5.35 (had mine updated
last week). Latest version of PC suite is 6.5.10.

Good luck

Cheers

Kevin

news:D Hace.3053$R47.2436@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk...