New Build installing windows 7 thru usb

damienhas

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I'm currently trying to fresh install windows 7 thru usb installer but when the screen comes up on the windows logo it restarts

mobo: gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH (LGA1155 socket)
psu: CORSAIR Professional Series HX650 650W
video card: EVGA 02G-P4-3660-KR GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB
cpu: Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
hdd: Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB

these are the parts I'm using with bios set to "load optimized defaults"

hoping for a quick response to this as i'm not sure what to do.

damienhas

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I'll try that. also was wondering if its safe to say that the parts are good since i can get into bios.

edit: want to say that i've also tried using a official disk and still no luck. It goes past post, goes past the white windows loading bar then when the black screen with windows logo comes up it restarts

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
If you can't get the Win7 Installation disk to even complete its load, I would say the problem isn't a corrupt install pgm. There's something amiss with your PC. If you have another machine, download the Memtest .ISO and burn it to disk. Then boot to memtest and have it check your ram. Preferably 1 stick at a time for at least 3 passes.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Most times errors will show up in the first pass if sticks are bad. Longer runs are helpful to detect changes in RAM over a period of time heating the sticks more. But in your case, if one pass showed OK, that probably isn't what's keeping you from installing Windows.

Let's back up a bit. (1) The installation pgm fails to load to the main screen whether you are using the official Windows disk or the official installation pgm off a flash drive, correct? (2) What components do you have installed in your PC besides the ones mentioned above? (3) What devices plugged in? (4) By 'restart' do you mean re-boot or just star the pgm anew?

damienhas

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
I've removed the graphics card. I've rechecked all connections. I've tried both disk and flash drive installations.
What happens is the system turns on.
It shows the gigabyte logo.
Shows the white windows load bar.
It shows the regular black screen with windows logo swirling in.
Then after about 4/5 seconds it goes off.

I've tried with one stick of memory, I've tried without the graphics card, with my old drive from my older machine and also using my the psu from my previous system and I've also tried a ubuntu live usb stick from a suggestion from my friend.

I'm at my wits end (obviously) and I've been told to RMA the board and its a shame too i got everything as a gift :(

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah, I don't blame you for being upset. I would be too. But if you've effectively bread boarded* the system outside the case with just the bare essentials, and still can't get the installation pgm to complete... I'd have to seriously consider the board as the culprit too. Especially after eliminating all those other possibilities.

* Board w/CPU, cooler, RAM on insulated surface, connect PSU, monitor, HDD, DVD drive (or USB stick)... and short the 2 pins the pwr sw. would connect on to start. Perform install