Best Upgrade Option

MalenskiiPC

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Ok. I needed some advice. The case that my main system is in, is totally ruined. I need a new one, and I have $160. I was originally planning on getting a Fractual Design R4, and 5 Enermax T.B. Ultra Silent 120mm's for it. I was also going to get a Enermax T.B. Ultra Silent 120mm PWM for the heatsink. OR I could get a NZXT Source 210 Elite, and a 120gb Hyperx 3K. And the final option, NZXT Source 210 Elite and a Cooler Master Quickfire TK with Brown switches. I have an old Microsoft keyboard and it sucks. I also have no SSD and thought it would be a good upgrade. Please leave your opinions! :D

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Keep in mind that to get the full benefits of the SSD you will either have to re-install Windows onto it or use some drive cloning software to move it over. Once you get that done with, you will LOVE the SSD :)

Is this over-clocked or do you face any overheating problems? Basically, is it essential your case is well cooled or just something you would like.

MalenskiiPC

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Thanks for the reply, but I think that that case and SSD aren't the greatest.

Yeah, I was planning on reinstalling Windows anyways due to a network malfunction that caused Windows to go bad. I have a overclocked 3570k to 4.55ghz @ 1.31v. It maxes out at around 83 celcius. I also really wanted a silent computer. I had stock fans on my other case and they were as loud as a jetplane.

casper1973

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2012
Well the Fractal R4 is the way to go if you want a silent case. Toms hardware recommended just the other month when they compared it to 8 other silent cases :)

Although that means you cant afford a SSD... so which is more important to you?