Frequent Video Driver crashes/Bluescreens during gameplay

CCV

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Just got done with a new build, during gaming I am getting frequent display driver crashes and even bluescreens - which result in the system being unbootable.

My immediate thoughts were one of two things, either overheating or bad drivers. On the heat front, even during gameplay/benchmark tests that cause the non responding display driver errors the system remains cool. On the driver front, I have uninstalled catalyst entirely - even as far to making sure in regedit that nothing is left to do with it - and reinstalling the latest version multiple times to no change. The problem is pretty easily repeatable by running either DMC - which will very quickly cause driver not responding errors during gameplay, or the metro 2033 benchmark which will cause either those, or full on bluescreens.

The blue screening typically causes the computer to restart, and I then get a blinking cursor in the top right corner of the screen until I turn it completely off and leave it for a while.

Specs:
Mobo: MSI B75MA-P45
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.2Ghz
Gpu: VTX3D Radeon HD 7850 X-Edition
Ram: 2x4Gb Corsair
PSU: Corsair CX 600w

CCV

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
An update: I ran memtest on a single stick, no errors. I went ahead and booted up, ran the game and then got the bluescreen, so I believe this should rule out memory as being the issue.

It should be noted that I don't seem to be getting the display driver errors anymore, and rather just full on bluescreens, though. Blinking cursor/dash I assume is from the comp trying to boot off of usb devices so that is less of an issue.

CCV

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Yikes, didn't get much help with this one.

After going through a lot of different checks, updating the bios, checking ram, etc etc I switched out the gpu for another and the error disappeared, guess the card was just DOA.

I guess this makes this thread 'solved'.