Right now I am using an Aspire Aspire Barebones Desktop w/2 1GB Sticks of RAM. I have decided to move light years ahead. I have been aquiring parts for it since last spring. I am going to be finishing it off in the next few weeks. What I have so far is:
1. AMD FX 8 core Black Edition CPU
2. 890FXA GD70 MOBO
3. HAF 912 Case
4. 1 TB HDD
5. 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 RAM
I have the following question:
1. What size of SSD should I buy?
What I would like to do is get an SSD to run the OS (Preferrably Windows 7 64bit). I am not opposed to running a partition with more than 1 OS on the SSD.
2. I would like to know what GPU to buy under $300. I am Crossfire capable but I have heard 1 good is better than 2 mid range GPUs.
3. Is a 750W PSU strong enough for this rig?
4. What kind of a difference would getting the other 2x4GB sticks of Vengeance RAM to fill up the slots make?
I have a simple question on this...
Is a GPU with PCI-e 3.0x16 compatible with my 890FXA???
I want to make sure I get the best GPU I can but it has to be compatible. I have my eye on 2 GPUs but both run 3.0x16.
1. ASUS HD7870 3.0x16 2GB 256bit Crossfire $259.00 sale price.
2. EVGA GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192bit SLI $219.00 sale price.
I know the difference between the SLI/Crossfire but I do not plan on running more than 1 GPU so it should not make a difference.