Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Game display not showing up

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 22, 2012 7:00:17 PM

Hey I have been having problems today while playing Day Z. I play for about 10 to 15 mins then all of a sudden my monitor goes black and goes through like a calibration mode, as it does when my computer first turns on. Like it shows the type of cable it is connected to by the gpu which is HDMI. Then right after that it goes to the desktop. Also when this happens it my firefox instance crashes. All my other programs running are fine and still work, like Day Z is still open as a program, and it is responding with sound but the actual visual is gone, its just my desktop with the Arma 2 mouse, but the game is still working. I have a gtx 680 and I have the latest drivers 310.70 whql with a clean install. So can someone point me in the right direction.

More about : game display showing

a b U Graphics card
December 22, 2012 7:05:09 PM

Did you recently install these drivers? Or did you have them installed for a long time without these problems? Did that problem happen before?
Score
December 22, 2012 7:12:20 PM

Well I had the beta before and it would do this same thing for me in Far Cry 3 but the display did show up. I got the whql yesterday and this is only happening in Day Z because im playing Garrys Mod now and it has never had this problem. Should I try the beta builds to see if those stop the problems?
Score
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 22, 2012 7:32:19 PM

Yes, roll back to the beta ones and see if these problems disappear and let me know.
December 23, 2012 4:10:34 AM

Best answer selected by Only the NEF.
Score
December 23, 2012 4:10:41 AM

Ok, so the problem seemed to go away when I disabled Vsync, when I rolled back my drivers to the beta build 310.67 i think, but I got the same problem. So I was able to play for a few hours fine and no problems. Thanks for the help.
Score
!