Closed

VPN client on Nokia with Symbian ?

Last response: in Brands
April 28, 2005 11:38:01 PM

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is VPN support on the Symbian powered Nokia phones ?

The Nokia 6260 is said to be bundled with a VPN client but what kind of
VPN is it ? PPTP ? IPsec ? IPsec+L2TP ?

Is there free (or OpenSource) VPN client for the Symbian platform on
any Seire 60 Nokia phones (7610, etc.) ? or is it restricted to the 6260 ?

Thanks.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:41:10 PM

A quick google for symbian 60 vpn yields many pages of
information..............

"no" <sp@m.net> wrote in message news:p an.2005.04.28.17.38.00.90592@m.net...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if there is VPN support on the Symbian powered Nokia phones
> ?
>
> The Nokia 6260 is said to be bundled with a VPN client but what kind of
> VPN is it ? PPTP ? IPsec ? IPsec+L2TP ?
>
> Is there free (or OpenSource) VPN client for the Symbian platform on
> any Seire 60 Nokia phones (7610, etc.) ? or is it restricted to the 6260 ?
>
> Thanks.
November 10, 2009 10:04:45 AM

Quote:
I'm wondering if there is VPN support on the Symbian powered Nokia phones ?

The Nokia 6260 is said to be bundled with a VPN client but what kind of
VPN is it ? PPTP ? IPsec ? IPsec+L2TP ?

Bundled Nokia VPN client is IPSec client. Difficult or impossible to use in most cases.
For Nokia S60 3rd/5th phones exist much better solutions like IPSec client from NCP or PPTP VPN client called SymVPN.
Related resources
July 24, 2011 1:09:08 PM

The problem is that the free native mobile VPN client from Nokia only support IPSec protocol, which is not supported by most VPN providers. Here is more detailed instruction: http://is0.eu/nokia4vpn
August 29, 2011 1:15:35 AM