Can not figure this out, please help!

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I have having MAJOR issues trying to find out where to plug the many wires in the build I have been trying to complete. Everyone here told me it was easy to assemble, I beg to differ. Maybe for some with experience it is easy, but not for someone with basic knowledge. I already regret not buying a prebuilt, as this is nearly to much to bare. I am beyond frustrated at this point. I have my CPU installed, my motherboard and power supply is installed, and my Optical drive and hard drive are installed. I can not for the life of me find out where the MANY MANY MANY plugs go. There are single pins, multi pins, etc. There is even a 4 pin female slot on my motherboard that I have NO cord for. I was suggested this build here on the forums, MAJOR regret right now. ANy help is appreciated before I return these parts.

P.S. The new egg video on youtube is useless for this

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Yeah thank you for that obvious answer, why did I not think of that before?

Maybe because the manual does not help aside from one picture here and there, I looked in my manual, it is rather useless for the wiring. If anyone can provide helpful information it would be much appreciated. There are plugs shown in the manual that the power supply does not have. I need HELP not replies like yours.

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I have many single pins, two pins, and an ATX 4 pin that is not on my power supply. I have no cords for my hard drive, etc. I am a single dad, I can not afford to mess up this computer I can not buy another one...I NEED help. None of thee cords seems right...

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
CPU:AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($133.79 @ Amazon)
Motherboard:Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($79.99 @ Newegg)
Memory:G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.99 @ Newegg)
Storage:Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card:powerColor Radeon HD 7850 2GB Video Card ($189.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 430 - Mid Tower Computer Case with All-Black Interior (RC-430-KWN1)
Power Supply:Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System:Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($91.16 @ Amazon)
Lite-On Super AllWrite 24X SATA DVD+/-RW Dual Layer Drive - Bulk - IHAS124-04 Version C (Black)

eyeage

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Just as an FYI... there may be some cords you need to purchase if they didn't come with.. like for your storage/optical drives. Best advice is going to be this... take a deep breath... relax, and walk away for a little while. Being frustrated while doing it will only make matters worse. It's obvious that you're upset (due to the lash out at me), and that's not the time to try building.

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I bought everything brand new, I guess it would have been helpful to know I need to buy additional cords (no idea what cords that may be). I honestly think I should return all the parts and buy a prebuilt, this was a bad choice and I was encouraged by a few people here by their constant words of "its easy, like playing with legos". While I agree that the components were easy to put together, the wiring is way beyond what anyone without prior experience would know. If the hard drive I bought is requiring more cords, then this is where im done...

There is no way I could know what cord to get, and it makes me even more mad that I would have to buy a separate cord for something I bought brand new. I think most of this frustration is the fact that I asked people here 4 times if the build was easy to assemble, and two threads I asked if I would need any additional parts before I start. Guess people do not really care to look...

Thanks for the help guys, this was just a wasted effort on my part, my gut told me not to try this, I should have listened. This is money I saved to get myself something decent, and it was a sad waste. I can not express how upset I am with this attempt, I am so disappointed I did this.

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
Thank you, I appreciate the help. I am still not seeing what to do here, it is just to overwhelming for me. I will just be returning the parts to newegg I just can not do this. I tried, and I am certain I am not the only one to fail. This just is not working out I get down to the end and can not do it.

eyeage

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
Ghost.... Listen for a second. You can do this... I said you "may" need additional cords. It depends. Here.. I'll help you a bit more in depth... Most likely your MOBO came with the cords you need. But I can't be sure without you telling me...

So, Let's get real basic here. So, you have everything in the case?

Before putting the MOBO in the case, did you put the ram, video card, cpu, stock heatsink on? Did you connect the fan control to the MOBO at that time?

Did your MOBO come with a few cables?

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I have the hard drive, optical drive, mother board, CPU, and power supply in the case, I did not put the graphics card in so I would be able to plug things in easier. I already put the graphics card on prior, but I took it off until I can get the cords in place. Everything is in the case but the graphics card.

ghost101

Honorable
Sep 25, 2012
I am feeling better now that I slept off most of my stress lmao. I just got to work, but before I sent my daughter off to school I took some pictures of inside the case, to show how I have everything. I will upload them and post the link here for ya. Sorry they may not be perfect, for a kindergardener school is a fun thing lol, so my daughter was tugging on my leg to get to school, lol.

I got around 4 pictures of the inside, I will try to upload with something like photo bucket. I figured if you can see what I see it might help out.