Closed Solved

Are these components compatible and good for high end gaming?

Hey can someone give me a guide if these components are compatible and good enough for high-end gaming.
Phenom II x6 1035
Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz
Corsair Carbide 500R Black Mid-Tower Case
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-D3 AMD
Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD HD 7950 3GB DDR5 PCI-E 3.0
Huntkey X7 900W 80+ SILVER Power Supply
Any help and suggestion would be nice and thanks in advance.
29 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about components compatible good high gaming
  1. Yeah they will all fit together. Have you thought about an intel based build?
    an i5 3570k with a z77 motherboard will yield better gaming results.
  2. Way overkill PSU for that build.
  3. Nope.

    There are a lot of things that can be improved upon.

    Don't get it.
  4. Well I might put two 7950's in cross fire because I found them for $420 NZD so thats damn cheap for me and I do like AMD based systems I might upgrade it to one of their 8 core bulldozer things will it work?
  5. What is your budget and monitor resolution?
    It will help us give you a better idea of possible builds
  6. Please eloborate I have use about $1000 of my budget and I could go to $3000
  7. I have a 1080p monitor I think 22 inch
  8. There's no sense in going dual 7950 on a single screen.
  9. You do when bitcoin mining :D
  10. Good luck, with the amount of electricity the cost of those 7950 and the weird and volatile market of bitcoin. It's going to take you a long while before you can reap the benefits.
  11. I have no intentions of bitcoin mining, you asked for a reason
  12. Plus I have money to burn
  13. Good luck then. :)

    I never realized having only $3k means having money to burn lol :)
  14. I wish I had money to burn...
  15. Well I could go to 10k but saving for university
  16. If you have that kind of budget you really ought to go the Intel route. A 3570k on a nice CF mobo will really let your 7950s run loose, an AMD CPU simply will not.
  17. Well I am using the CPU from my old PC and donating old parts to my mate who needs them
  18. Where I live parts are somewhat limited
  19. Best answer
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BUOg
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BUH2

    i would get the Intel and change from 7950 to a 670/7970 and yea even if you have money to burn no need for 2 gpu on 1 1080 O,o i'm using 1 7970 vapor x at 5760x1080 and i'm still able to play games like bf3 at max with 30sh fps

    and if you're a overclocker i would get a better cooler h80i+
  20. cutebeans said:
    Nope.

    There are a lot of things that can be improved upon.

    Don't get it.


    Anonymous said:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BUOg
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BUH2

    i would get the Intel and change from 7950 to a 670/7970 and yea even if you have money to burn no need for 2 gpu on 1 1080 O,o i'm using 1 7970 vapor x at 5760x1080 and i'm still able to play games like bf3 at max with 30sh fps

    and if you're a overclocker i would get a better cooler h80i+


    Thanks that puts it in some perspective, but what to do with my old CPU?
  21. sell it :) or stay with it but you will be missing out on performance .

    i would just stay with what you have and get a 7870/7850 and if you're able to oc the cpu a bit i would do that as well.
  22. Give it away to friends and family.

    It's too old.
  23. +1^
  24. +2^
  25. cutebeans said:
    Give it away to friends and family.

    It's too old.


    I fail to see how its old? Where you given brand new toys every 3 months? Considering I lived with an ASUS single core laptop from 2009-2011 I do believe I can make the assumption on when something is to old -_-
  26. its not that its old. its just for this year and so on it will suck for games like crysis 3/bf4/the elder scrolls online etc and if you want to use a 7950/7970+ you're cpu will just bottleneck.
  27. Go use it then. No one is stopping you.

    The Phenom II x 6 is still new ^__^.
  28. Best answer selected by ScrappyAbbo.
  29. ScrappyAbbo said:
    I fail to see how its old? Where you given brand new toys every 3 months? Considering I lived with an ASUS single core laptop from 2009-2011 I do believe I can make the assumption on when something is to old -_-

    It wasn't any good for gaming when it was released 2.5 years ago. And you wanted "high-end" gaming parts. Just saying.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Compatibility Components Systems