Closed Solved

Gtx 670 or 660 ti SLI

My current specs:
CPU: i5 3570k(will overclock soon)
MOBO: Asus P8Z77 with UEFI BIOS
GPU: MSI OC Gtx 660 ti
Case: Azza Solano 1000
PSU: Thermaltake 680w
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb

Just out of curiosity what would work better an factory overclocked MSI 670 or two MSI factory overclocked 660 ti (one i have right now)???
19 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about tomshardware
  1. Two 660Ti's would crush a 670, but personally, I would go with a 670. It's just simpler to have 1 card, because SLI and Xfire always have problems

    If you have the money to buy two 660Ti's you could also consider getting a GTX680, which is better than the 670 but costs a bit more.
  2. I'd rather stay safe and go with the single 670 :) although 660ti in SLI will be of a better performance, I can't risk sacrificing smooth playing by the 670 for possible microstuttering issue that might result from the 660ti in SLI.
  3. Dupontrocks11 said:
    Two 660Ti's would crush a 670, but personally, I would go with a 670. It's just simpler to have 1 card, because SLI and Xfire always have problems

    If you have the money to buy two 660Ti's you could also consider getting a GTX680, which is better than the 670 but costs a bit more.


    680 is only 5% better than the 670 and it doesn't worth the 100 dollars premium over it.
  4. Dupontrocks11 said:
    Two 660Ti's would crush a 670, but personally, I would go with a 670. It's just simpler to have 1 card, because SLI and Xfire always have problems

    If you have the money to buy two 660Ti's you could also consider getting a GTX680, which is better than the 670 but costs a bit more.

    The OP has stated that they already have one 660Ti.
  5. Commandermadi said:
    I'd rather stay safe and go with the single 670 :) although 660ti in SLI will be of a better performance, I can't risk sacrificing smooth playing by the 670 for possible microstuttering issue that might result from the 660ti in SLI.

    I can't say that I've seen any of this microstuttering you mention with my 660Ti SLi setup.
  6. Dupontrocks11 said:
    Two 660Ti's would crush a 670, but personally, I would go with a 670. It's just simpler to have 1 card, because SLI and Xfire always have problems

    If you have the money to buy two 660Ti's you could also consider getting a GTX680, which is better than the 670 but costs a bit more.

    Is gtx 680 better than two 660 ti??????
  7. Mousemonkey said:
    The OP has stated that they already have one 660Ti.

    if you buy a 670 then you won't need the 660Ti so sell it gett $200 and buy a 680 or 7970
  8. Mousemonkey said:
    The OP has stated that they already have one 660Ti.


    Aha. That's what I get when I don't get my coffee.

    In that case, go for another 660Ti. If you already have one, there is no use going through the trouble of selling it and buying a whole separate model.
  9. Best answer
    devilofdeaths said:
    if you buy a 670 then you won't need the 660Ti so sell it gett $200 and buy a 680 or 7970

    Or just ignore the naysayers and get another 660Ti to run in SLi.
  10. Mousemonkey said:
    Or just ignore the naysayers and get another 660Ti to run in SLi.

    agreed that's just another option
  11. Mousemonkey said:
    Or just ignore the naysayers and get another 660Ti to run in SLi.

    You're the man thanks
  12. Best answer selected by trum_0909.
  13. devilofdeaths said:
    agreed that's just another option

    And the one I would go with and as there have been no issues at all with my rig I don't think the OP will have any issues either.
  14. Mousemonkey said:
    I can't say that I've seen any of this microstuttering you mention with my 660Ti SLi setup.


    I said you "might" get problems from SLI. You don't have problems with it, others do.
  15. Commandermadi said:
    I said you "might" get problems from SLI. You don't have problems with it, others do.

    And if you were to read some of the posts around here then you would realise that people also have problems with a single card setup so what's your point?
  16. Mousemonkey said:
    And if you were to read some of the posts around here then you would realise that people also have problems with a single card setup so what's your point?


    Single cards whilst having problems they can be solved easier than problems that should face 2 cards in SLI.
  17. Commandermadi said:
    Single cards whilst having problems they can be solved easier than problems that should face 2 cards in SLI.

    After seeing videos of a single card stuttering away I would disagree. And SLi has been problem free for me over the last eight years or so through four different setups.
  18. It's a matter of probability. There are problems all the time with single cards, so having two cards doubles your chances, not to mention the new problems you face in SLI.

    Tons of people have successfully gamed on both SLI and with a single card, but I think the point that Commandermadi was trying to make was that out of all those people, a majority of them would rather have a powerful single card setup rather than a powerful multi card setup.
  19. Dupontrocks11 said:
    It's a matter of probability. There are problems all the time with single cards, so having two cards doubles your chances, not to mention the new problems you face in SLI.

    Tons of people have successfully gamed on both SLI and with a single card, but I think the point that Commandermadi was trying to make was that out of all those people, a majority of them would rather have a powerful single card setup rather than a powerful multi card setup.

    If that is what you want to believe then so be it, I don't share that belief however. ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics MSI-Microstar