6230 Firmware Update in US (St. Louis or Chicago)?

Hello Nokia Gurus,
I'd like to get my 6230 upgraded to the latest firmware. Reason is
that it's dropping GPRS connections over bluetooth.
My provider is Cingular which claims it doesn't provide any firmware
updates beyond what I have (I have version 4.43). I called Nokia
about sending it to their Service Center, but Nokia said that Cingular
doesn't support the firmware upgrade so they wouldn't do for me. [My
guess is that Cingular just doesn't want these models used as bluetooth
Edge modems].
So... where can I get it done on a walk-in basis in (preferrably) St.
Louis or (possibly) Chicago? How much would I expect to pay? If
there is no walk-ins in these cities, can anyone recommend a reputable
mail-in outfit in the US?
Thanx!
Nomad
3 answers Last reply
More about 6230 firmware update louis chicago

    One more point. Doing the trick to check the firmware, I also came up
    with "RH-28." I'm not sure, but does this mean I have the 6230b and
    is it true that 4.43 is as high as the 6230b goes?
    IF that is all true, is there a firmware version I can DOWNGRADE to in
    order to get reliable GPRS over bluetooth?
    Thanx again for your time!
    Nomad

    On 28 Apr 2005 12:05:22 -0700, nomadjones@gmail.com wrote:

    >One more point. Doing the trick to check the firmware, I also came up
    >with "RH-28." I'm not sure, but does this mean I have the 6230b and
    >is it true that 4.43 is as high as the 6230b goes?
    >IF that is all true, is there a firmware version I can DOWNGRADE to in
    >order to get reliable GPRS over bluetooth?
    >Thanx again for your time!

    I didn't have this problem when I had v3.15 firmware in a 6230. The
    problem began with v4.xx, and was fixed again in 5.24.

    Chris

    Send it to Bongowireless in Ontario

    "Chris Blunt" <chris_blunt@despammed.com> wrote in message
    > On 28 Apr 2005 12:05:22 -0700, nomadjones@gmail.com wrote:
    >
    >>One more point. Doing the trick to check the firmware, I also came up
    >>with "RH-28." I'm not sure, but does this mean I have the 6230b and
    >>is it true that 4.43 is as high as the 6230b goes?
    >>IF that is all true, is there a firmware version I can DOWNGRADE to in
    >>order to get reliable GPRS over bluetooth?
    >>Thanx again for your time!
    >
    > I didn't have this problem when I had v3.15 firmware in a 6230. The
    > problem began with v4.xx, and was fixed again in 5.24.
    >
    > Chris

Nokia Firmware Cingular