Troubles with a Radeon HD 5450

alexthemod

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hello,
I have a MoBo Asrock Alive G7 and i have installed a Radeon 'cause the on-board video adapter is working bad.
I have "SWEEPED" all the drivers and installed Catalyst.
But the troubles are with BIOS.
The Pc sees the Radeon, it works, but if i reset or switch off the pc...all is freezed!
I must erase the Cmos and then the pc starts.
What's happen?
Thnak you

alexthemod

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hi Xttony,
My Bios is updated..
Now, strange thing, the Pc works also if i only disconnect (for a while) the power cable..without clearing the Cmos.
I'm getting crazy.

Xttony

Distinguished
Try installing the card in another computer. Generally if there is no problem with the card and the bios these problems will never occur, so there must be something wrong with either one of this.

alexthemod

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
Hi Xttony,
Done and the card works well on another pc.
I am still curious to understand why now the pc works only if i disconnect the power cable.
Thank you for the advices and have a Merry Xmas!

Xttony

Distinguished
If you disconnect the power cable it works?
Which power cable you are talking about? Is it the 6pin connector for gpu?
Try using a different pcie slot, if that doesnot works try reverting back to an older bios version. If that works use it if it doesnot repudiate it.

alexthemod

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

No Xttony..
The Power cable is of the Pc...now it's sufficient to switch off the power switch in tha back of the pc.
It's very strange!
If i restart the pc or switch off from Windows ..then the pc in the next start is blocked.
But if i disconnect the power cable or turn off the power switch, it works.
Also if sometimes , after a few minutes, the pc stops.
:(

Xttony

Distinguished
This can be only caused by the bios. Try replacing the battery first if that doesnot work try reverting back to an older bios version, if that works keep it otherwise repupdate it. (sometimes repudiating works)

TRENDING THREADS