Halo and XP SP2

I have just reistalled XP Home with SP2. I have loaded Halo updated to 1.06
When I play the game either standalone or network, I do not see any team
members , vehicles, guns ammo etc
Tried reinstalling, rebooting new video drivers. IUt did work before new
installation, (then only SP1)
System
Athlon 1200, 256 ram, NVidia Geforce 100 mmx

Help before i throw it in the bin
--
BigAl
3 answers Last reply

    Did it work before the reinstall?

    You may want to try older drivers, newer nvidia drivers usually do not
    work well on older video cards if you want to do anything more than
    stare at the desktop.

    With that system you'd be better of playing it on the XBox. If you
    don't mind using a gamepad you'd be far better off than running it on
    that computer.

    Hi Big Al,

    I think you should check your SP2 firewall settings.
    Make sure you've allowed Halo and Halo Update
    to the exceptions list. :-)

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "BigAl" <BigAl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:181E68A7-54FD-4183-8C37-648DEB0DE34D@microsoft.com...
    >I have just reistalled XP Home with SP2. I have loaded Halo updated to 1.06
    > When I play the game either standalone or network, I do not see any team
    > members , vehicles, guns ammo etc
    > Tried reinstalling, rebooting new video drivers. IUt did work before new
    > installation, (then only SP1)
    > System
    > Athlon 1200, 256 ram, NVidia Geforce 100 mmx
    >
    > Help before i throw it in the bin
    > --
    > BigAl

    Thanks for the help, reverted back to original vidio drivers (5.2.1.6), now
    working great

    BigAl

    "DosFreak" wrote:

    > Did it work before the reinstall?
    >
    > You may want to try older drivers, newer nvidia drivers usually do not
    > work well on older video cards if you want to do anything more than
    > stare at the desktop.
    >
    > With that system you'd be better of playing it on the XBox. If you
    > don't mind using a gamepad you'd be far better off than running it on
    > that computer.

Windows XP