Halo and XP SP2

BigAl

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2001

I have just reistalled XP Home with SP2. I have loaded Halo updated to 1.06
When I play the game either standalone or network, I do not see any team
members , vehicles, guns ammo etc
Tried reinstalling, rebooting new video drivers. IUt did work before new
installation, (then only SP1)
System
Athlon 1200, 256 ram, NVidia Geforce 100 mmx

Help before i throw it in the bin
--
BigAl

Did it work before the reinstall?

You may want to try older drivers, newer nvidia drivers usually do not
work well on older video cards if you want to do anything more than
stare at the desktop.

With that system you'd be better of playing it on the XBox. If you
don't mind using a gamepad you'd be far better off than running it on
that computer.

Hi Big Al,

I think you should check your SP2 firewall settings.
Make sure you've allowed Halo and Halo Update
to the exceptions list. :)

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"BigAl" <BigAl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:181E68A7-54FD-4183-8C37-648DEB0DE34D@microsoft.com...
>I have just reistalled XP Home with SP2. I have loaded Halo updated to 1.06
> When I play the game either standalone or network, I do not see any team
> members , vehicles, guns ammo etc
> Tried reinstalling, rebooting new video drivers. IUt did work before new
> installation, (then only SP1)
> System
> Athlon 1200, 256 ram, NVidia Geforce 100 mmx
>
> Help before i throw it in the bin
> --
> BigAl

BigAl

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2001

Thanks for the help, reverted back to original vidio drivers (5.2.1.6), now
working great

BigAl