New Build! Bad Results.

eightson

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
SystemSpecs:

Motherboard- Asrock z77 Extreme 4 ( Tom's Hardware approved )

Processor- Intel i5 2320 3.0ghz ( 3.4 Turbo ) - Just to say the processor does indeed work since i had it on my old pre built computer. I'm using this because i didn't have enough to get the i5 3570k so i just threw this in to hold on until i get the new one.

CPU Cooler- Cooler Master hyper 212

Graphic Card- Galaxy GTX 660 TI 3gb

RAM- 8gb Corsair Vengeance

Power Supply- Corsair 750w 80 Plus Gold Series

Case- Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue

HHD- I will explain below.

So yesterday UPS dropped my last piece for my new computer build. So excited to get everything together and play battlefield 3 on a computer that could run it. Did everything right on the build, but on post there was no speaker beep and codes started showing up on the board ( 4F, 62, 99 , A2 ). Even with that it was still giving me the splash screen, but wasn't saying " you need a boot drive to keep going or whatever it says XD" So i just thought well since it's asrock maybe they have something different. So put everything into my wonderful case then hit the nice big power button on top and the codes appeared again, but it wen't to windows 7 installation process. ( Just to note i went threw 2 hard drives wiping them both and reinstalling windows twice the same problem accoured) After i completed it and it wen't threw its multiple restarts ( The codes appeared on restarts as well ) i made my account then wen't to kmart to get a Ethernet cord. When i came back i downloaded all the drivers and drivers for the Graphic card then tried getting onto steam website. Something wasn't allowing me so i though maybe the site was down. So downloaded minecraft for the time being and playing for about 10 minutes. Then wen't to get something to eat came back sat down and a blue screen crash came up saying something how windows crashed and will restart to protect PC. So i thought, well may maybe since it's new and i Haven't installed my norton protection it was helping. Then went to start up my computer again and the codes apeared then another blue screen crash. Then computer would restart 3 or maybe even 5 times until i was able to login all times were blue screen crashes with the codes ( 4F, 62, 99, A2 ) appearing. So today i called Asrock and they said well maybe the board is faulty or maybe your ram. So i called newegg did a RMA on both to get an exchange for new ones. Now you're probably wondering " You got your exchange Eightson why are you posting this? " Well i'm posting this because i want to know what in the hell those codes mean because if they come back i want to know what i need to do then talking to Asrocks bad customer support. If maybe my graphic card is faulty or something. So if you guys know anything or have any tips please leave a comment Thanks!

pull the gpu and post with onboard video if the cpu has it. if not go to the mb vendor web page and install the newest bios for your mb. there are a lot of bug fixes for z77 chipsets and ram..cpu code and video cards. the vendor has the bios rev as 2.80 as the last bios. i would boot into the bios and check to see if your bios is close to that number. if the numbers are still booting (error codes) check that you have the sata cables on the intel sata ports and not on the 3 party data ports. if there still code issue...check that the mb is not shorting out to the mb tray. some after market heat sinks can short out to the tray or the back of the mb. check that the heat sink not crushing the cpu. the last is checking for bent pins under the cpu.

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
62 is the last code for a normal boot

A2 code suggests that it is detecting IDE devices.

If it doesn't proceed further from A2 it means that IDE devices detecting was stopped.

But A2 goes and system boots means that devices were detected.

Check if you have connected any drives in the ASMEDIA CHIPSET and whether ASMEDIA CHIPSET has been enabled in the UEFI.

eightson

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

When i talked to Asrock we did a post boot on the board and it did the same thing so the graphic card is okay i think. When i putting on the heat sink it took a little pressure, but from videos some people said that might happen. Though it was a little more then i would have thought. I hope i didn't mess up my cpu :(

eightson

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

See A2 was there and if i went to BIOS it would go to A6. I don't know if i was cause my BIOS was at 2.70 and the version now is 2.80 in which i couldn't find. IDE devices is that refering to HHD and other stuff like that?

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
IDE (Integrated Drive Electronics) is a standard electronic interface used between a computer motherboard's data paths or bus and the computer's disk storage devices.

Hard Disk is a IDE.

eightson

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013

So when A2 pops up it's just saying that it detected a disk storage?

madthomas

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
A2 says that it has started detecting the IDE devices.
But If A2 stays it means that there was a problem completing the IDE device detection.

If the boot screen goes and OS starts to boot then it means devices were detected.

Check whether ASMEDIA Chipset is enable in UEFI.
(See my earlier replies)