Closed Solved

Gaming/Editing Rig (Need Opinions) $1600 Budget

Put a thread up a while back and now I actually have the money to buy the parts. (Going to be used for gaming, editing videos in AE, Photoshop, Cinema4D, and other editing programs) Any last minute changes before I start ordering? Budget - $1600

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXft


Much appreciated. :D
-Pcrusen


P.S. I am a very big multitasker.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gaming editing need opinions 1600 budget
  1. 8gb of ram is more than enough for gaming, picked a better ssd and larger one from the savings on ram. You can drop that sound card if you want to cope up with budget. But its your preference.


    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXKo
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXKo/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXKo/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($75.00 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($127.00 @ Adorama)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($295.66 @ Newegg)
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ($26.99 @ Best Buy)
    Case: Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case ($86.38 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($158.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($158.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($54.98 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 Wired Laser Mouse ($65.50 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1631.36
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-07 01:11 EST-0500)
  2. admbautista said:
    8gb of ram is more than enough for gaming, picked a better ssd and larger one from the savings on ram. You can drop that sound card if you want to cope up with budget. But its your preference.


    PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXKo
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXKo/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXKo/benchmarks/

    CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus 76.8 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.99 @ Microcenter)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($49.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($75.00 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($127.00 @ Adorama)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card ($295.66 @ Newegg)
    Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG 24-bit 96 KHz Sound Card ($26.99 @ Best Buy)
    Case: Rosewill BlackHawk ATX Mid Tower Case ($86.38 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.99 @ Amazon)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer ($16.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($158.98 @ Newegg)
    Monitor: Asus VH236H 23.0" Monitor ($158.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Wired Gaming Keyboard ($54.98 @ Amazon)
    Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 Wired Laser Mouse ($65.50 @ Amazon)
    Total: $1631.36
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-02-07 01:11 EST-0500)



    True and I can always get more RAM in the future if needed.
    I was thinking about dropping the sound card too, but I see reviews all the time on mobos sound cards going bad.
    I guess I'll drop it though and order later if needed.
  3. i would go with low profile ram..lower voltage and over clocks better if you want to over clock.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148662
  4. smorizio said:
    i would go with low profile ram..lower voltage and over clocks better if you want to over clock.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148662


    Okay swapped RAM and what do you recommend for the power supply? I swapped for a 500w.

    Updated: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXVl
  5. Best answer
    I would stay with the previous psu, the seasonic m12II.. modular, cheaper and high tiered from this list http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx.

    the 520w of m12II is fine but its price difference from 620w is very little, go with 620w. If you plan to add another gpu later on, get a 750w psu.
  6. admbautista said:
    I would stay with the previous psu, the seasonic m12II.. modular, cheaper and high tiered from this list http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx.

    the 520w of m12II is fine but its price difference from 620w is very little, go with 620w. If you plan to add another gpu later on, get a 750w psu.


    Okay I changed it back.

    Updated: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/BXT9

    I think this is going to be my final product. :sol:
  7. Best answer selected by PCRUSEN.
  8. enjoy your build man ;)
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Video Photoshop Systems Product