Pre-built Dell - looking to upgrade the video card

G

Hey everybody,

I apologize if this is the wrong spot for this but it seems to be the only section that really applies to me (as I have the a pre-built machine). I have a Dell Vostro 430 desktop that is coming up 3 years old and I still think that my computer is pretty decent still for a desktop computer. Although my video card I believe is the weak point of the machine especially now with how games are being built. ( I intended the computer to be a gaming machine as well as a 3D modelling and Photoshop/Illustrator etc. )

While the motherboard isn't specified from Dell it does have a PCI-Express x16 card slot and my current video card is the NVIDIA GeForce GT 220. I also have 2 monitors that I am using so those would need to be accommodated also. (If other specs are needed then let me know and I will post them)

My concerns is on what would be that I haven't been most up to date at video card trends I am not sure what would be a good upgrade for the machine that I could run some new high end games for a couple more years and then ill get a new computer completely. Also, with the size of the tower, ideally I would like it to be a low profile design. Although since there isn't anything else underneath the current one, and there are slots underneath it that are available, perhaps a fatter one could be put in since there would be space for it. I was hoping to get a video card in maybe the 150 - 200 CAD dollar range. Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Augray37

Distinguished
May 4, 2011

+1

I confirm this - your power supply is 350 watt and I doubt that it has 6 pin video card power connector - all mini tower (MT) Dell models have minimalistic approach - just enough of everything to cover provided specs, very little room for upgrades!