Your question

I7 3770k for gaming and 3d work

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2013 4:35:14 AM

The main reason I am posting this thread is because I want to know what parts I can cut down so as to fit the Asus Sabertooth Z77 Motherboard in my budget.. Here is the current rig, please tell me cheaper alternatives so as to make the rig (including the Sabertooth Z77) be about $1400 or maximum up to $1550..

Intel Core i7 3770K (not going to change)
Asus P8Z77-V LX (hopefully make it a Sabertooth Z77)
MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition (will not change GPU, open to change the Graphic Card..)
G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2x4GB) 2133MHz DDR3 RAM (no need to change)
Corsair TX650 v2 PSU
CM Hyper 212 EVO
WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA III 72,000RPM HDD
NZXT Phantom 410 (want to change for a cheaper case)
BenQ GL2250HM 21.5" LED 1920x1080p 2ms Response Time
Roccat Isku Illuminated Keyboard (open to change to any backlit gaming keyboard)

All this comes up to $1500 in my country (India).. Please suggest rigs below with changes, thanks!

More about : 3770k gaming work

February 7, 2013 4:52:34 AM

Looks good to me. You might want to get a bigger HDD or add an SSD for the OS.
m
l
February 7, 2013 4:59:58 AM

you are wasting too much money on useless things , this sabertooth is just nice looking and in terms of performance it's not worth its money , there is a small difference between 1600mhz and 2133 and for the diff, in money also is not worthy and paying all of these and having a 500gb 16mb cache storage without even an ssd , thats too bad
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2013 6:21:11 AM

72,000RPM! That would be twice better than an ssd :D 
I agree with mrdowntownkiller about sabertooth though.
And get a high profile SSD plus a low profile HDD
m
l
February 7, 2013 6:50:52 AM

I have not used intel for very long but I can say I am very happy with my Asus Z77 Sabertooth. As for the value well for me atleast it is well worth the money. I had a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H that lasted for a whole two days before it died and will never use Gigabyte again. So far the Sabertooth has performed extremely well and I would highly recommend it. I have used Asus and MSI boards over the years and have not had any problems with ether. The first Gigabyte I got lasted two days and really the feature set was not that far removed from the Sabertooth all in all it has everything I need in a motherboard.

I would say stick with the Asus Z77 Sabertooth it is a very nice board.
m
l
February 7, 2013 8:06:01 AM

mrdowntownkiller said:
you are wasting too much money on useless things , this sabertooth is just nice looking and in terms of performance it's not worth its money , there is a small difference between 1600mhz and 2133 and for the diff, in money also is not worthy and paying all of these and having a 500gb 16mb cache storage without even an ssd , thats too bad

Okay then, can you give me a list of parts you recommend (without removing the parts I have marked not to change)? Also, I was planning to get an SSD but noticed it wasn't cost-effective at the moment.. I'll buy one some time after building the rig with a desktop upgrade kit..
m
l
February 7, 2013 8:08:29 AM

bryonhowley said:
I have not used intel for very long but I can say I am very happy with my Asus Z77 Sabertooth. As for the value well for me atleast it is well worth the money. I had a GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H that lasted for a whole two days before it died and will never use Gigabyte again. So far the Sabertooth has performed extremely well and I would highly recommend it. I have used Asus and MSI boards over the years and have not had any problems with ether. The first Gigabyte I got lasted two days and really the feature set was not that far removed from the Sabertooth all in all it has everything I need in a motherboard.

I would say stick with the Asus Z77 Sabertooth it is a very nice board.

Have you tried using the two USB 3.0 slots and two SATA III slots that run on the third-party chipset? If so, do they work just as good as the Intel chipset? Also, can you tell me the specifications of your rig? Thanks for the recommendation, I think I really will go for the Sabertooth!
m
l
February 8, 2013 12:39:31 PM

mrdowntownkiller said:
whats your budget in $ ?

We're looking at about INR 80,000 approx.. so that should bring you almost $1550... It is so much because the prices here suck and I have to buy components like a monitor, keyboard, etc since this is going to be my first build.. Thanks
m
l
February 8, 2013 12:42:10 PM

LeoMatrix said:
72,000RPM! That would be twice better than an ssd :D 
I agree with mrdowntownkiller about sabertooth though.
And get a high profile SSD plus a low profile HDD

LOL I meant 7200RPM.. Sorry about that!
m
l
February 10, 2013 6:22:35 AM

mrdowntownkiller said:
whats your budget in $ ?

I changed my HDD to a WD 1TB Black with 64mb cache, is it good enough to remove the need of an SSD for a while, since I will be buying one later...
m
l
February 10, 2013 6:54:37 AM

thegeekfather said:
I changed my HDD to a WD 1TB Black with 64mb cache, is it good enough to remove the need of an SSD for a while, since I will be buying one later...

I heard good things about black. It would be fine. I am actually not really satisfied with my 840 pro. If you have an older build, a ssd would help, for instance reduce booting or loading time from 60 to 30 seconds, thats a 30 sec difference!!! In my case, I've got the latest stuffs (link in signature below), an improve from 10 to 5 seconds is not so significant :whistle: 
m
l
February 12, 2013 1:43:33 PM

LeoMatrix said:
I heard good things about black. It would be fine. I am actually not really satisfied with my 840 pro. If you have an older build, a ssd would help, for instance reduce booting or loading time from 60 to 30 seconds, thats a 30 sec difference!!! In my case, I've got the latest stuffs (link in signature below), an improve from 10 to 5 seconds is not so significant :whistle: 

Thanks for the advice, if I were you, I'd just change the case to an NZXT Phantom Full Tower case.. It's like $110 and totally worth the price..
m
l
February 12, 2013 2:53:20 PM

thegeekfather said:
Thanks for the advice, if I were you, I'd just change the case to an NZXT Phantom Full Tower case.. It's like $110 and totally worth the price..

yeah, I regret now. I was new back then and it was on sale :lol: 
m
l
February 13, 2013 3:43:45 AM

LeoMatrix said:
yeah, I regret now. I was new back then and it was on sale :lol: 

Hahah I'm getting the Phantom 410, the full tower version is not necessary!
m
l
!