Sign in with
Your question

3Dmark dont think my score is right

Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2013 5:03:17 AM

i have an asus geforxe gtx 670 direct cu II, an i7 3770, and g1 sniper mobo, n 8 gb ram, i just did 3d mark and got a score of 5705 for firestrike, 21000 for cloudgate, and 150k for icestorm, i looked on a forum and one guy has a 7970 and and i5 and got 8000 for firestrike, do my scores sound right to you or should i be doing something about my pc

More about : 3dmark dont score

February 7, 2013 5:06:21 AM

Yep. 7970 is better than 670.
February 7, 2013 5:14:18 AM

make sure your mb bios is up to date. go into windows run gpu-z and make sure your pci bus is running at max speed. make sure you have the newest intel chipset drivers installed. also make sure ram running in xmp profile. run again if the test are still low go back into the mb bios turn off c1 and c3 power savings. then retest. with gaming pc people when they do there testing turn off all power saving features. they force the gpu and cpu to max out 100 percent.
Related resources
February 7, 2013 7:09:50 AM

smorizio said:
make sure your mb bios is up to date. go into windows run gpu-z and make sure your pci bus is running at max speed. make sure you have the newest intel chipset drivers installed. also make sure ram running in xmp profile. run again if the test are still low go back into the mb bios turn off c1 and c3 power savings. then retest. with gaming pc people when they do there testing turn off all power saving features. they force the gpu and cpu to max out 100 percent.

hey smorizio, thanks for that, im just unsure how to make my pci bus run at max speed, i have windows 8 and went into search and tped in gpu-z but no results, one other thing is how to i make the ram run in xmp profile, i am new to pc building and only studied up on the hardware before i built but none of this stuff, appreciate ur help
February 7, 2013 7:25:09 AM

cpu-z and gpu-z are free programs to download. look on your mb cd for the mb guild or download it. in the mb bios will be a ram voltage and speed settings. (call dram timing). just have to set it from auto to xmp if the mb takes you ram and runs it at 1066/1333 and not 1600 speed.
February 7, 2013 7:31:12 AM

thank u heaps for that i will try that now:)  do you think that my scores are right for the hardware n specs i have? and is it a good score anyway?
February 7, 2013 7:33:58 AM

smorizio said:
cpu-z and gpu-z are free programs to download. look on your mb cd for the mb guild or download it. in the mb bios will be a ram voltage and speed settings. (call dram timing). just have to set it from auto to xmp if the mb takes you ram and runs it at 1066/1333 and not 1600 speed.

oh sorry i forgot to say, t also says something about not recgnising my driver coz its newer but that it will recognise in maybe 1 or 2 weeks and it will automatically change my scores to something else
February 7, 2013 7:40:19 AM

Don't expect 3dmark to have anything to do with real world performacce. Every version has upgrade and tweaks plus driver "optomizations" not to mention win8 ...
!