Sign in with
Your question

Three beeps when booting new build.

Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2013 8:12:14 AM

I just built a new pc and when I boot it, I hear three beeps from the system speakers and then it closes and opens again, repeating the three beeps. I made sure that everything was installed correctly.
My build is
i5 3570k
MSI Z77A G43 Mobo
2x4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 ram
Corsair Builder 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply
1 TB Western Digital Caviar Black
MSI twin frozr 7850
If this is the wrong section please move it.
Please help me ASAP please.

More about : beeps booting build

February 7, 2013 8:41:32 AM

If you look in your mother boards manual it will tell you what those beep codes mean. That should identify the problem.
m
l
February 7, 2013 8:50:48 AM

I read through the whole manual and it doesn't tell me what the beep sounds mean. The box of the motherboard does say taht the BIOS is Click BIOS 2, but I can't seem to find what the beep codes of that BIOS means online.
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2013 9:01:59 AM

After taking a look at your manual it seems your right, pretty shocking on MSi's part.

Looking up the beep codes in their technical section online indicates this:

3 short beeps: Base 64k RAM failure

1 long 2 short: A video error has occurred and the BIOS cannot intialize the video screen to display any additional information

I'd start with trying to re seat the RAM, then try just one stick, then just one stick but the other one, see if that gets you anywhere.
m
l
February 7, 2013 9:07:57 AM

You may have faulty RAM

Possibly from static electricity discharge while you were handling it .

Try it one stick at a time
m
l
February 7, 2013 3:16:19 PM

Ok thanks for the replies, I'll try booting the computer with just 1 piece of ram individually when I get home.
m
l
!