DIR 655 and SYNOLOGY NAS ds411j slow file transfers

Hello,
I have posted this issue on Syno Forum and AVS Forum UK but no joy.
My setup
Cable Modem (cox)--->Dir 655--->NAS. PC with gigabit NIC card connected to DIR 655 gigabit port.All are connected by new CAT 6 cables (replaced all cables as part of troubled shooting) NIC card and NAS are at default-no jumbo frames. Trying to xfer 250 GB of PIX and Vids. Tranfer per NETMETER is 29.9 MB/s upload to NAS and 20MB/s Download.
Connected PC and NAS direct, Upload 18 MB/s and DL is 22 MB/s. With gigabit lan , it should be faster. I think the DIR 655 is the bottleneck. Anybody have similar slow xfer problems and have a fix, I'm all ears ;)
3 answers Last reply
More about synology ds411j slow file transfers
  1. boie2262 said:
    Hello,
    I have posted this issue on Syno Forum and AVS Forum UK but no joy.
    My setup
    Cable Modem (cox)--->Dir 655--->NAS. PC with gigabit NIC card connected to DIR 655 gigabit port.All are connected by new CAT 6 cables (replaced all cables as part of troubled shooting) NIC card and NAS are at default-no jumbo frames. Trying to xfer 250 GB of PIX and Vids. Tranfer per NETMETER is 12.9 MB/s upload to NAS and 20MB/s Download.
    . With gigabit lan , it should be faster. I think the DIR 655 is the bottleneck. Anybody have similar slow xfer problems and have a fix, I'm all ears ;)

Corrected xfer speed originally posted.
  2. Anybody??? :(
  3. Hello,

You can use a remote backup service for your NAS. I refer http://www.synologybackup.com/. cause it hazard free and easy to install and get service.

SynoRon
Ask a new question

Read More

Routers NAS / RAID Cable Synology Networking