Sign in with
Your question

DIR 655 and SYNOLOGY NAS ds411j slow file transfers

Last response: in Networking
January 26, 2012 7:21:00 AM

Hello,
I have posted this issue on Syno Forum and AVS Forum UK but no joy.
My setup
Cable Modem (cox)--->Dir 655--->NAS. PC with gigabit NIC card connected to DIR 655 gigabit port.All are connected by new CAT 6 cables (replaced all cables as part of troubled shooting) NIC card and NAS are at default-no jumbo frames. Trying to xfer 250 GB of PIX and Vids. Tranfer per NETMETER is 29.9 MB/s upload to NAS and 20MB/s Download.
Connected PC and NAS direct, Upload 18 MB/s and DL is 22 MB/s. With gigabit lan , it should be faster. I think the DIR 655 is the bottleneck. Anybody have similar slow xfer problems and have a fix, I'm all ears ;) 
January 26, 2012 7:30:15 AM

boie2262 said:
Hello,
I have posted this issue on Syno Forum and AVS Forum UK but no joy.
My setup
Cable Modem (cox)--->Dir 655--->NAS. PC with gigabit NIC card connected to DIR 655 gigabit port.All are connected by new CAT 6 cables (replaced all cables as part of troubled shooting) NIC card and NAS are at default-no jumbo frames. Trying to xfer 250 GB of PIX and Vids. Tranfer per NETMETER is 12.9 MB/s upload to NAS and 20MB/s Download.
. With gigabit lan , it should be faster. I think the DIR 655 is the bottleneck. Anybody have similar slow xfer problems and have a fix, I'm all ears ;) 

Corrected xfer speed originally posted.
m
l
February 5, 2012 5:26:04 AM

Anybody??? :( 
m
l
February 20, 2012 1:34:50 PM

Hello,

You can use a remote backup service for your NAS. I refer http://www.synologybackup.com/. cause it hazard free and easy to install and get service.

SynoRon
m
l
!