Budget Gaming Rig

dranzerv

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
I'm thinking of upgrading my current PC to a better one piece by piece, and I am on a very limited budget. So far I only bought a GiGABYTE HD 7750. I was told that my Core 2 Duo E7300 is bottlenecking it, and there are no mb's available to overclock it. So I need a new Processor to upgrade from my current one. I had my eye on a FX 6100 but I was told that AMD's suck at gaming. I'm searching for a processor under $200 maybe $20-$30 more (that can be overclocked well and will last a few years) and a suitable motherboard too. Any help would be appreciated.

Current Rig
--------------
Core 2 Duo E7300 @ 2.66GHz
Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT Motherboard
Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 @ 900 MHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
160GB HDD
Normal Casing SAMSUNG (Chinese)

Thankx

Solution
AMD processors suck at gaming!? who in the world told you that!???
They are usually only bought for gaming as they are cheap and have high clock speeds. and that is what games need...

For gaming, go for an AMD FX4300. Its ideal for gaming and cheap...

If you want an unlocked intel you will have to buy the 3570K which a $230... Its pricey but the difference in performance is worth it...

But for gaming, an AMD 4300 would do just fine ;)

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
AMD processors suck at gaming!? who in the world told you that!???
They are usually only bought for gaming as they are cheap and have high clock speeds. and that is what games need...

For gaming, go for an AMD FX4300. Its ideal for gaming and cheap...

If you want an unlocked intel you will have to buy the 3570K which a $230... Its pricey but the difference in performance is worth it...

But for gaming, an AMD 4300 would do just fine ;)

Solution

timmy97236

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

I agree with that... If you really wanna spend more money, go with the FX 8350... It does great with streaming game as well... But the fx 4300 is definitely a great budget cpu that you can overclock in the future.

here is some actual real-life performance reviews on game with the FX 8350... dont trust all the intel fan boys telling you otherwise. Although i have bought a i5 2550k for my build previously, i would have bought the fx if i would have known. The videos below even show that the fx is comparable and even outperforms the i7 in many games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4et7kDGSRfc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu8Sekdb-IE

Also the am3+ motherboards usually have much more features for the money, like more 6gb/s SATA connections and much more.

I would also try to save up some more money and try to get a better gpu.

timarp000

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2011
that is true... i have an intel 3770 and im very happy with it... I bought it because i edit video but for gaming an AMD 4 or 6 core is more than enough... You do not need a an 8-core cou for gaming...

You should have waited instead of buying a HD7750... With the money you save by buying a AMD 4 core, you could have bought a much better graphics card... CPUs dont matter much in gaming, the graphics card does the heavy lifting...

dranzerv

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012

True true. but for one thing like I said I'm on a budget and for another I wasn't gonna upgrade my CPU until I had these lockups while playing games or extracting heavy files :sweat:
and I'm not yet dissapointed in the performance in this (except for maybe Black Ops)
Oh, and what would be a good fan for a good overclock