New System Questions: 4 monitors 6 eve clients

parsonsparsons

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
My boss is paying me to find a pre built computer which will do the following:

Run 4 displays at the same time.
Run 6 eve clients at the same time.

I am pretty sure the gtx 660 and above handle 4 displays natively. However is an i7 with 8gb of ram enough for those eve clients? Will I need 16 gb?

Any expertise anyone has on this subject is welcome. I don't play eve and has no experience multiboxing. My boss wants to go with cyberpower but I'm also open to any suggestions regarding other custom built PC companies.

I can't self build because he wants a generic warranty.

Thanks!

Solution
A GTX 660 only handles 3 displays natively at a time. You would need more than one video card to handle four or more, which most pre built systems don't have the ability to handle. It's mainly due to the weak power supplies included.

g-unit1111

Titan
A GTX 660 only handles 3 displays natively at a time. You would need more than one video card to handle four or more, which most pre built systems don't have the ability to handle. It's mainly due to the weak power supplies included.

Solution

parsonsparsons

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
What video card and power supply would I need to achieve this?

Also, I realize how asinine running 4 monitors is, it could probably be done with 3 or even 2. Running the 6 eve clients that is.

g-unit1111

Titan

There's no single consumer card on the market that will run more than three monitors at a time. Most GTX 6XX series will run two plus one monitor running off DP, and the Radeon 78XX and 79XX will run two monitors off D-Link DVI and one off DP. There are a couple of professional cards on the market that will run that many - the Fire Pro W600 will but that will cost you a good $600. Plus with that card you'll need at least 4 DP cables which will run about $20 per cable.

g-unit1111

Titan

That's false information. The NVIDIA drivers only allow 3 monitors per card. A card will typically have four inputs - 1 DP, 1 HDMI, and two D-Link DVI ports, but the drivers will only recognize three monitors at a time. It's software limitations, not hardware.