Sign in with
Your question

HD 7770 Texture Flickers/Flashes in games

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2012 10:59:49 AM

I recently upgraded my GT 520 to an HD 7770 1gb gddr5 and while the performance increase is staggering, I'm also getting texture flashes and flickers in my games. I'm playing Skyrim and APB:Reloaded lately and they both are doing this. CCC does not have an auto tune set up, so I'm hesitant to OC the card on my own. I did increase the power by 12% and that seems to have helped some, but not a lot.

I looked at MSI Afterburner, but that doesn't present any guidelines that I've noticed for OC'ing the card, and I don't really think I should have to OC a card to correct issues that its much weaker predecessor didn't have.

My GT 520 did not produce these glitches, so I'm certain it is the card. I've also upgraded CCC to the latest beta drivers and that did not help either. My 800w psu has the six pin plug this card requires built into it.

I'm running Win 7 x64, 8 gb ram, i5 2400 3.1ghz. 800w psu.

Would really love some advice on this.
a b U Graphics card
December 23, 2012 12:19:08 PM

I play these games too. At what resoluton do you play? And what fps do you get maximum in both games?
m
l
December 23, 2012 12:30:30 PM

I do not know what fps I get in skyrim but in APB i get 40-45. I play both at 1650x1080.
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 23, 2012 7:27:44 PM

Can you post me a screenshot of your game in APB?
m
l
December 23, 2012 9:54:42 PM

I can post a pic I think, but the texture glitch is so sporadic and quick that I cannot catch it. It lasts only a fraction of a second, same with skyrim. It's kind of like a long black or sometimes beige tear diagonally across the sky and/or terrain. I thought it was a vsync issue, but it happens in skyrim when in a menu and the game is paused then, so no camera turning and vsync on or off does not really seem to change its occurance.
m
l
!