Sign in with
Your question

First time build

Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2013 3:40:28 PM

Hello everyone, I am building a computer for the first time and would like to ask if this is ok before I get to the nitty gritty of putting it together.
What I have already is:

AMD Phenom ii X4 965BE
ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2
Corsair 8GB Vengeance Memory
VTX3D AMD RadeonHD 7850X Edition Graphics Card 2GB GDDR5
CiT 700w PSU
CiT Vantage Midi Mesh Gaming Case.

I'll worry about an HDD and Optical a little later because as soon as I put it together I can buy them both at a shop ten mins drive away.

Thanks for any advice.

More about : time build

February 7, 2013 3:56:05 PM

CiT power supply? Never heard of it. I don't think it will be good quality psu. Bundle psu's are never good. It might end up being fine though. Other than that, looks good.
a b B Homebuilt system
February 7, 2013 3:57:40 PM

looks good. dont forget to purchase windows 64 bit oem
power supply is a little overkill and I don't know that brand...pick from bigger brands such as Asus, Antec, Corsair
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 7, 2013 5:21:20 PM

alvine said:
looks good. dont forget to purchase windows 64 bit oem
power supply is a little overkill and I don't know that brand...pick from bigger brands such as Asus, Antec, Corsair

That is my main concern TBH, The power supply was bought before I knew anything about how important the PSU was.
Although in all the reviews from people who own them they say that they work as well as the better known brands.
I don't wanna blow up my first build of course lol but I don't wanna be to scared to try either.
February 7, 2013 5:26:47 PM

Plus Im not going to be overclocking this at all, just building, hoping it works and then probably give it to my friends kid to play WoW and that kind of stuff.
When I get a bit more confident then I'll be looking at the i5 3570k, gtx670 kinda builds that I will use personally.
Thanks for the replies..
!