WHat grpahics card can/should i get?

ok, i'm looking at getting a new graphics card, because the one i currently have is a
'ATI Radeon HD 5400' which really is kind of awful, I believe the only information required is my motherboard which is 'GA-h55m-ud2h' but if any more info is required plz tell me. one more thing the main use of the graphics card will be Gaming. Thanks in advance.
20 answers Last reply
More about what grpahics card should
  1. Budget would be nice. Also the resoltuion of your Monitor. And your CPU to ensure no bottlenecking. And your PSU model =D
  2. id need to know the rest of ur computer specs, to give u a good recommandation, also whats ur budget ?
  3. i'm not too sure of the budget, really just what i'm willing to spend, my monitor size is 19inch but i can get a new monitor if need be. my cpu is i3 540 and i have 8gb of RAM
  4. powersupply i need to know, and whats ur willing to spend?
  5. how would i check my power supply and i would say budget is about £0 - £300
  6. If you dont know the model of your PSU, you can always..

Open up the side of your case and take a picture of the tag on the side of your PSU.
    Upload the Photo to Photobucket
    And link the Photo here
  7. +1 to simmons, post a picture of ur powersupply here and we can help u identify it and see if u neeed an upgrade.
  8. ok i'm going to take the cover off, but i may be a minute as, i presume you have to turn your coputer off to do so.
  9. yes, i wouldnt take a picture of it on,
  10. my psu says 570w pro psu dual fan, and there is an info page www.trust.com/15317
  11. thats really not a good powersupply, what budget u got for a new one?

and where do u live.
  12. about £0 - £100 for a new PSU and why do you need to know where i live
  13. because certain countries only get shipped certain products, and also i will recommand a shop that ships directly and within the country of origin :).

alright lets see.

whats ur budget for powersupply+videocard in all?
  14. ok i'd pay £0 - £400 in all for both and I live in the U.K but i suppose i could get the item's shipped to me.
  15. ok,

alot simpler to get stuff shipped within the uk and cost less.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/tM1p
    Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/tM1p/by_merchant/
    Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/tM1p/benchmarks/

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card (£223.99 @ Scan.co.uk)
    Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 850W 80 PLUS Silver Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£104.83 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £328.82
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-23 16:55 GMT+0000)

850 watt 80+ silver xfx fully modular powersupply made by seasonic one of the best ps makers.

and a nice gtx 660 ti for 223pounds :)

all within ur budget mate

u will be kicking monsters and taking names :D
  16. Iceclock is on a roll lol
  17. Wow thanks, you gave a fast response and have told me everything i need to know, I'll certainly be getting these, i just hope i'll get them before the new year (unlikely though) anyway thanks again.
  18. also conemcalwane pm me if u need further assistance ill be glad to help :)
  19. will do, also i'll add you as best answer when i work out how.
  20. theres an option on ur thread here to select best answer. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics