Sign in with
Your question

Updated GPU drivers and now...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 23, 2012 2:50:23 PM

Hey all, I am using windows 8 x64 and last night I went to update the drivers on my GTX 670 graphics card to the proper 64 bit driver. Anyways it goes through the installation of the drivers with everything working smoothly and then when it goes to restart itself it gets past bios, shows the Windows logo and the spin wheel, but then both of my screens just start to flicker with nothing in the background but grey. They are not turning off, blue lights at all times. When I boot from onboard graphics and unplug the GPU, it boots up fine. So, I did this and deleted the driver which I had installed. This did absolutely nothing... I am at a loss for words and have tried everything I know. Please if you know what might be the cause of this annoyance, provide me with the insight to fix this. I hope I do not need to replace the GPU considering 5 minutes before the restart with the new drivers I was playing maxed out high resolution textures and modded Skyrim.. :pfff: 

*EDIT*

Solved

More about : updated gpu drivers

a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 9:34:36 AM

Solved how? It could be really helpful for other readers with the issue to know what your solution was.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 9:38:38 AM

Maybe a long sleep fixed it. :na: 
My old computer used to get fixed that way. :lol: 

m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 10:02:46 AM

Hey Sumukh I have a new signature for you:

nVidia: smooth, fluid, consistent | adaptive v-sync | PhysX
AMD: much bigger model number

:-D
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 10:10:35 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Hey Sumukh I have a new signature for you:

nVidia: smooth, fluid, consistent | adaptive v-sync | PhysX
AMD: much bigger model number

:-D

Thats very nice. :lol: 
"TRUTH" If I say.

But Red Camp guys will get angry If I put that. :na: 
There are already much haters of my Signature

m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 10:22:38 AM

Haha yeah I know. I did think that when you first did it... to be honest, I'd just keep the first sentence of your new signature if it was me. The benchmark differences is a good point though - people say "why are their results different?" and it's the same as when they benchmark at home and get different results to Tom's and then want to know why. CPU is one thing, but more importantly, are they using the exact same settings and are they benchmarking the exact same part of the game. People seem to think that if Tom's gets 36fps with whatever card in Crysis 2, that the entire game will be a steady 36fps with that card :-)
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 10:27:15 AM

Yup, Thats why I kept that to aware them all. ;) 
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 11:05:02 AM

Haha cool :-) If anyone attacks your signature and tells you PhysX is a gimmick, show them this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAfzjTAhpBk&feature=play...

Until recently, I believed the AMD fanboys when they told me PhysX is just a gimmick and makes no noticeable difference. Although I have several PhysX games, I have a Radeon so couldn't try it for myself (and thinking about it, neither can the AMD fanboys if they own Radeons...). After seeing this ^ though, I'm taking the fanboys a lot less seriously now. First 40 secs is just intro, then comparisons begin.
m
l
December 24, 2012 2:30:23 PM

For anyone wondering: Since I could not even boot up into Safe Mode, I put it back to onboard graphics. Go into control panel and uninstall the Nvidia Graphics Driver. Thus removing any conflict from multiple/wrong drivers - Then it was a matter of restarting, setting my graphics back to my card and then installing the correct driver after that.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 2:39:59 PM

Thanks for posting the solution. Onboard graphics can be a lifesaver!
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b U Graphics card
December 25, 2012 12:35:12 AM

sam_p_lay said:
Haha cool :-) If anyone attacks your signature and tells you PhysX is a gimmick, show them this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAfzjTAhpBk&feature=play...

Until recently, I believed the AMD fanboys when they told me PhysX is just a gimmick and makes no noticeable difference. Although I have several PhysX games, I have a Radeon so couldn't try it for myself (and thinking about it, neither can the AMD fanboys if they own Radeons...). After seeing this ^ though, I'm taking the fanboys a lot less seriously now. First 40 secs is just intro, then comparisons begin.

WoW..! Bookmarked the page :lol: 

Never knew Physx is so powerful. Totally awesome. :pt1cable: 
m
l
!