gabi014

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012
i am planning to buy a system ..
I7 3770
Corsair 16GB ram
Gigabyte H77-D3H

but i am not quite sure about the GPU .. I wonder what to take
NVIDIA has CUDA Cores , ATI - not , but 7970GHZ edition has better potentional in OC than 680

7970GHZ edition costs less like a 100$ (in Israel) than gtx680

i am in a serious wonder.

Solution
7970. That's not even anything to think about...

The 680 is a waste of money - the 670 is considerably cheaper, and only the 680 is only 5% faster.

If you can get a GHz ed. for that cheap, then jump on it - CUDA cores aren't better than STREAM cores, just more widely used - AMD's card however, is a monster powerhouse.

That being said, what is this system being used for? If it's for gaming, you'll get equal performance with an i5-3570k, a z77 board (so you can overclock), and 8GB or ram. The setup you have there is only useful if you plan on HEAVY video editing - in which case you might want to go Nvidia. (Look up the programs you like to see if they use CUDA or can use STREAM.)
7970. That's not even anything to think about...

The 680 is a waste of money - the 670 is considerably cheaper, and only the 680 is only 5% faster.

If you can get a GHz ed. for that cheap, then jump on it - CUDA cores aren't better than STREAM cores, just more widely used - AMD's card however, is a monster powerhouse.

That being said, what is this system being used for? If it's for gaming, you'll get equal performance with an i5-3570k, a z77 board (so you can overclock), and 8GB or ram. The setup you have there is only useful if you plan on HEAVY video editing - in which case you might want to go Nvidia. (Look up the programs you like to see if they use CUDA or can use STREAM.)

Solution

gabi014

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2012

the system built for 40% Graphic editing , 3D etc and 60% for hard gaming (bf3 , gta v ...)
i still dont sure about the CUDA cores, with system like mine CUDA cores wont be useful or yes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.