6970- 2 monitors & 2 TVs

Nizoo

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012
I have 2 VGA screens, hooked up through a passive DVI to VGA adapters, and I have two TVs that need to be hooked up through HDMI.

What is it I need for adapters, or is this setup impossible.

There will be no gaming, TVs act as a menu with maybe light animations and the two other VGA monitors are the Customer Display and The Touch Screen.

Thanks.

larkspur

Distinguished
First, I need to know which exact make/model 6970 you have since there are different 6970s out there with different connectivity options. If you don't know the exact make/model then please list how many of each type of connector the card has (e.g. 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, 2 DisplayPorts, etc).

Nizoo

Honorable
Dec 23, 2012

An Asus 6970, if memory serves me right, 2 mini display ports, 1 HDMI and 3 DVI ports.

Thx

OK to use more than 2 monitors you will need a active DisplayPort adapter or a Monitor with a native DisplayPort connector. A passive adapter will not work for the DisplayPort it must be active. You can get active adapters to go from DisplayPort to HDMI or DVI. So for your TV's that use HDMI you get a DiplayPort to HDMI active adapter and that would do it.
All of the Asus cards I have seen do use mini DisplayPorts so this should work on yours. It is from Newegg and is a mini DisplayPort to HDMI. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815158351