Technet vs Retail keys

I have several computers still running the RC version of win7 and I am trying to pick the most cost effective option for installing legit version.

I had first thought to get the 3key Family Pack, but have obviously far missed my window of opportunity on that option.

I rebuild and test new computer equipment frequently, so I don't want to use a OEM version that is limited to one activation (unless that's changed?)

I've heard mixed info that the retail version is good for 10 activations, is that for 1 PC or multiple PCs running at the same time?

I tend to run 3-4 towers at once at minimum in my home so I need to know if I need separate keys for each PC I am running. Are the activations good, if I make hardware changes to my PC? Swapping motherboards is always a concern so I don't want to be shelling out for a new copy every time I try out a new board.

I have heard that a technet subscription might be an option for me, but I am concerned my use of the 'Evaluation Copy' software isn't really part of the license agreement. I wouldn't be evaluating the windows software, it's normally my hardware I am evaluating.

Can someone give me more infomation on how the Technet accounts work?

I know if I need different keys for each of my PCs then I would probably need 6-7 keys, I don't mind paying $300 a year for a technet subsribtion if my use of it won't be a problem. But I don't want to shell out $300 only to find out should have bought the retail version instead. And then again if the retail version is good for 10 activations, and I can use it on multiple PCs at once, that would also work for me.

Thanks in advance!
4 answers Last reply
More about technet retail keys
  1. Any advice on this one?
  2. the keys are legit retail keys!
  3. Are you talking about the TechNet Keys?
  4. yes technet keys will activate full retail legit installs!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7