Radeon HD 7750 Terrible Gameplay for me. Please Help.

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I got the Radeon HD 7750 as per recommendation for my computer.

I have a HP xw6200 tower with 3.2ghz dual core xeon.

I have a terrible FPS (or at least I think that's what it's called).

Do I need to tweak to make this thing work. Or is there a fix for this terrible gameplay? I mean it's even bad when I reduce the resolution.

I don't understand gaming PCs at all so can advice be in simple terms?

I hope it isn't necessary to get a new PC.

Just only bought this one.

Thanks guys.

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I used the disc that came with the graphics card and have something called a Catalyst center for Radeon 7700 series.

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I'm trying to play Grand Theft Auto IV with 1920X1080.

Or Assassins Creed on same, but have even changed to all kinds of resolutions but still very bad lag and jumping on screen.

Yes I have plugged the monitor into the graphics card.

It's got full drivers installed.

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
One is steam version and the other is full PC version as bought from shop. GTA is steam and Assassins Creed 3 isn't steam.

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
All I understand is screen res which is 1080 and the other settings are just standard as set by the game.

The graphics card, I have just turned up everything full in catalyst control center and about to try again.

But All help and advice is highly appreciated here.

What do you mean "turned up everything full" in catalyst?

Did you try reducing in game settings in GTA 4? What settings are you running Assassins Creed 3 on? Did you try reducing them as well?

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
GTA IV will always run like **** regardless of settings on a dual core processor.

Last AC game I played was Brotherhood and it's known to run like *** for lots of AMD cards, not a FPS issue but really bad stutering regardless of settings, eventually I gave up on it. It could definetly be what you describe as "jumping screen". AC3 is probably optimized like **** too from reports I've read, your only hope is likely a patch.

All speaking from personal experience.

And Fµck your stupid language corrections tom'shardware

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

On catalyst I have 3D settings. I've turned everything up high except for turning on tessellation and Open GL settings.

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

Patch? On is a steam (GTA 4) and the other retail version..

Sorry I'm new to PC gaming.

Thanks.

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012

Teh lag is terrible both times. On defaults and on max.

I'#m really confused because it should play these games fine or at least there should be some recommended settings for them?

larkspur

Distinguished
Hi - Since you cranked everything up in Catalyst Control Center (CCC) you've likely applied settings that are too high for your GPU to handle. The 7750 is a low-end card. 1920x1080 isn't it's forte. You were likely recommended the card based on its low power requirements. It can still be ok though you will need to adjust some settings.

One problem I see is that you are using the drivers from the driver disk. They should work, but you should still go to AMD's website and download the newest Catalyst driver suite for your card. Install that. Then when it's all done open up CCC, go to the gaming tab, select 3d Application Settings and then click the greyish button "Defaults". This should set everything back to defaults which is where you want it. To be more specific - you want the settings set to "Use application settings" whenever that is an option. Restoring defaults should do that automatically.

After that open up whatever game you want and see how it goes. If it is still laggy and jumpy then reduce the in-game graphics settings until it plays nice. To clarify - you are no longer messing around with settings in CCC, you are now changing settings within the game's settings screen itself.

gamerz101

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
Thank you guys. Will try some stuff and report back. I'll put back to default and use in-game settings and see what I can get from it.

The Catalyst center has a number of available options./

Standard,
High Quality,
Optimal Performance

Etc,

Should I set any of these?

Thanks.

abbadon_34

Distinguished
If it's the same specs online, you have two single core hyperthreaded cpus. They are two physical and separate cpus from an old server machine. Few games are program around that configuration. As you've seen with the "canyouplayit"

You have an old machine, regardless of video card. Basically a Pentium 4.

AC3 is brutal on any config. Only help so far is turning off v-sync works for some people, still crap fps but at least smoother.

Never played GTAIV.

P.S. The model HP was first released in 2005