Tags:
  • New Build
  • Cases
  • Cooling
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
February 7, 2013 7:52:36 PM

I'm starting a new system build with hardware from Newegg. I haven't built a PC since 2003 and much has changed. I have questions about proper cooling and noise reduction. My system components are:

MOB - GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H
CPU - Intel Core i7-3770
GPU - GIGABYTE GV-N660OC-2GD GeForce GTX 660 2GB 192-bit GDDR5
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
SSD - SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD128BW 2.5" 128GB
DVD - LG Black 12X Blu-ray Combo Drive SATA Model UH12NS29
PSU - CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3

I expect this to be a decent mid-range gaming system. How much do I need to worry about aftermarket cooling and noise reduction for these components? Will the stock CPU heat sink be adequate? Does anybody know if my GPU will generate enough heat into my case to have to worry about the type of case and case fans I use?

I'm thinking about this Rosewill Challenger case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Is this case adequate for my desired components? If I do stick with this case what aftermarket cooling, noise reduction parts (if any) will I need?

Also, any overall ideas on the best cases/cooling components I should check out to complement my system? My budget could be up to $200 if needed.

Thanks for your help.

More about : case cooling hardware system

February 7, 2013 8:52:40 PM

So your comment in regards to my question about system cooling is basically to just buy that case you linked? So the stock heat sink with the CPU is ok?
February 7, 2013 8:59:41 PM

If you aren't overclocking(which you won't be without a "k" series CPU) the stock cooler will be perfectly fine.
!