Setting up home network question.

MissDazzle

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Okay so I have a little bitty question to ask. I have been without good internet for like 5 YEARS!!! its been crazy cause we moved to a place that only has satellite, so I dropped like 1k on a ASUS G60 laptop, that would would take to a friends house and play my games on their net XD But anyway we finally get word that Centrylink offers their internet out here so we bought the best they offered here and I think that was like 10MB/s. They are sending me the stuff tomorrow to set it all up.. BUT I have to set it up myself. So I was wanting to ask, is it hard to set it up your self? I would not think its to hard but then again I never did it before. All I ever do is setup the wifi. Either way I'm just happy to finally be able to actually play my games online with my desktop and not my laptop.

jesperloh

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012

Hi MissDazzle, setting up the network is actually not difficult at all. I suppose you can read, unless your reply to me is, you can't, which is definitely not the case. So relax, get a cup of tea and enjoy the setting up. I haven been to a place where there's only satelite, so im not too sure about your case. The thing is, you will be receiving a box, including some telephone filters, a wireless modem, some ethernet cables, and a setup disk.

Please take a good look at the step by step instructions to install it. Plugging the phone cable to this micro filter, and the filter to your wall socket (for my case as i have a phone and the modem cable going through the filter, then to the wall), if not, then directly to your wall socket. Get the ethernet cable and connect it to your modem and desktop. After that, on the power button of the Modem, and on your PC. You are now ready to configure your network from by running from the CD. Please get your instruction manual ready and follow it.

Within 10mins or so, you will be able to connect to the internet and enjoy your games. Nothing complex to it, just read the manual will do.

MissDazzle

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
Thanks I kinda figured it would be easy. But it don't matter anymore cause they sent a email saying its no available where I am. But it is 5 miles down my road WTF lol That guy on the phone lied to me -_-' I was all excited for nothing :(