Inadequate O/S privileges

I have lost the ability to play punkbuster supported BF 1942 games online. It
always says that I was kicked for inadequate O/S privileges. VERY ANNOYING.
And surprisingly I've not had any reply from EA support. Anyone got any
suggestions? Thanks folks
3 answers Last reply
More about inadequate privileges

    Hi Steve,

    Try playing using an Administrators account.

    The O/S privileges message probably means that you're using
    a regular account which won't allow punkbuster to update the registry.

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

    "Steve Box" <SteveBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F389AD0-1294-48EC-B2DF-954A7BF326AA@microsoft.com...
    >I have lost the ability to play punkbuster supported BF 1942 games online. It
    > always says that I was kicked for inadequate O/S privileges. VERY ANNOYING.
    > And surprisingly I've not had any reply from EA support. Anyone got any
    > suggestions? Thanks folks

    There's actually only one user on this computer (me) so I am the admin. It
    used to work fine I've only just got the problem. It's on XP home addition

    Hi Steve,

    "Steve Box" <SteveBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC8A63E-06A8-4675-9C5A-433095DE7ABA@microsoft.com...

    > There's actually only one user on this computer (me) so I am the admin. It
    > used to work fine I've only just got the problem. It's on XP home addition

    There are several solutions for that error message here:
    http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-rvs.php

    --
    Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Support Games Microsoft Windows XP