Inadequate O/S privileges

I have lost the ability to play punkbuster supported BF 1942 games online. It
always says that I was kicked for inadequate O/S privileges. VERY ANNOYING.
And surprisingly I've not had any reply from EA support. Anyone got any
suggestions? Thanks folks

Hi Steve,

Try playing using an Administrators account.

The O/S privileges message probably means that you're using
a regular account which won't allow punkbuster to update the registry.

--
Cheers, Windows XP MVP Shell / User

Game FAQs: ;gms]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

"Steve Box" <SteveBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F389AD0-1294-48EC-B2DF-954A7BF326AA@microsoft.com...
>I have lost the ability to play punkbuster supported BF 1942 games online. It
> always says that I was kicked for inadequate O/S privileges. VERY ANNOYING.
> And surprisingly I've not had any reply from EA support. Anyone got any
> suggestions? Thanks folks

There's actually only one user on this computer (me) so I am the admin. It
used to work fine I've only just got the problem. It's on XP home addition

Hi Steve,

"Steve Box" <SteveBox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DC8A63E-06A8-4675-9C5A-433095DE7ABA@microsoft.com...

> There's actually only one user on this computer (me) so I am the admin. It
> used to work fine I've only just got the problem. It's on XP home addition

There are several solutions for that error message here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=faq-rvs.php