Matrox G200

G

I am currently trying to solve a problem with my computer. I have essentially rebuilt it with new parts except for the video card. It is a Matrox Mellinium(sic) G200 card AGP. I have a fresh installation of WK2000 on the machine and no other cards on the mother board. My computer works for anywhere from 2 hrs to 20 hrs performing FEA calculations and then freezes.

Event viewer gives no clue as to any problems. Could this freezing of the machine be caused by the video card? I have downloaded the latest drivers from Matrox but the problem persist.

I want to reiterate that the only program on the hard drive besides the OS is my FEA software. It is working correctly on another machine and the only Card on my MB is the video card. HELP!

labdog

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
same case for me.

but what's about decade hours FEA calculations ?
do you know this software ?

if you know you don't know, the way could be more easy.

G

I have all models from G200 PCI to G550 and used the Productiva G100 at the time.

I will be supprised if it's the matrox card.

I will look for CPU temprature and a bigger fan, as well as for memory integraty.

Intel / AMD - <A HREF="http://www.llnl.gov/asci/news/white_news.html" target="_new">IBM are still the best</A>