Old Home Builds - WTB Closet Space

tuxborg

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Is there an economical way to dispose of some 5-10 year old build parts?

I happened upon about 1.5 old builds in my closet today; spent some time identifying (and trying to recall) how they got there and which parts were defective. I sorted out the bunk and found myself left with two reasonably nice ATX cases, somewhat dated video cards, some RAM, and a 500w PSU of the previously mentioned vintage.

I've never been in the business of selling or recycling computers/parts, but I figure there must be something to do with em besides head for the dumpster. Any suggestions?

Solution
You could probably post them in the Tom's Hardware Deals Forum as a free give-away or for sale. Otherwise, I'd look at either Craigslist or E-Bay.

Like you, I've never been one for selling used computer parts (online or otherwise), but I did manage to sell an old projector of mine on Craigslist not too long ago. A very painless process and I did get a fair price.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You could probably post them in the Tom's Hardware Deals Forum as a free give-away or for sale. Otherwise, I'd look at either Craigslist or E-Bay.

Like you, I've never been one for selling used computer parts (online or otherwise), but I did manage to sell an old projector of mine on Craigslist not too long ago. A very painless process and I did get a fair price.

-Wolf sends

Solution