Questions on new gaming system

techdude9

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2012
Hi. I am looking to finally build my first system around mid march and there is just 2 parts I am trying to decide between. The first one is the mobo. I am currently looking to buy the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H for $135. I am looking for a motherboard cheaper than the D3H although I am convinced that is the best board for the price range and I am going to have to deal with paying that much. was wondering if there was any other good motherboards that were about as good as the GA-Z77X-D3H or ASRock Z77 extreme 4. The Extreme4 raised from like $114 to $150 in canada recently for some reason, or I would of totally got that board. Only getting Asus, ASRock, MSI or Gigabyte.

Also,
Deciding between a MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr or an EVGA 660 SUPERCLOCKED. The EVGA 660 SC is a bit cheaper by about a few dollars, which won't make a difference so i'm willing to pay more if the MSI is more performance, even by a minor bit. Must be one of those 2 cards. Don't try and suggest an AMD card, not that I don't like AMD but the main game I will be playing is optimized more for nvidia cards and it's just a preference.

List of remaining computer parts below if needed. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/C6Qc

cutebeans

Distinguished
Hi, ask again when it's march. Prices fluctuate too much that a build may be good today but not tomorrow. :)

Get an Asrock Z77 Pro3 since you won't be using SLI..

EVGA is the best. You can't go wrong with either though so preference and whatever is cheaper will win.

AMD is better though.

blake1243

Honorable
Oct 21, 2012
GTX 660 would have been a good choice a few months ago... but the 7870 LE (aka a crippled 7950) is going to give you alot more for you dollar than the 660. Even though the game is optimized for nvidia, this card is in a tier above the 660 and will still probably perform better. This card compares to the 660 ti.

techdude9

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2012

What's the overclocking like on the Pro3? I forgot to mention I will be overclocking a lot on my CPU