Sign in with
Your question

What's wrong with my card? (GTX 570)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 24, 2012 12:17:57 AM

I just built a new computer, and for a day everything ran fine. Now, when I launch say, skyrim, the fps is fine, but it stutters like crazy. Same goes for Red Orchestra 2. Just played it this morning with no problems whatsoever. I've verified those games caches and I can't figure out the problem.
GTX 570 2.5gb
Asrock extreme4
Gskill Sniper 8gb 1600
i5 3750k

More about : wrong card gtx 570

a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 12:20:53 PM

Anything, like the video card running hot? Install the asrock util and monitor the cpu and gpu temps.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 1:23:33 PM

Any recent Windows or Drivers updates? Have any idea what your temps are while gaming?

A fresh Install of GPU drivers wouldnt hurt =D
m
l
Related resources
December 24, 2012 2:44:28 PM

Drivers man.

Download DriverSweeper
Download CCleaner

Run both in safe-mode clean everything to do with your old manufacturer of your old video card. Then reboot into your normal windows and install your recommended drivers.

m
l
December 24, 2012 3:05:54 PM

What operating system do you have? I don't know for certain that xp is terrible for games. However, in my experience it was. Every game i played on xp stuttered every few second and the game was almost unplayable.
m
l
December 25, 2012 3:00:14 AM

I have windows 7 ultimate. I re installed the OS again and I have the same exact problem. I have no idea what's causing this. Perhaps a dying GPU
m
l
!