Sign in with
Your question
Closed

No video signal

Last response: in Systems
February 8, 2013 12:35:24 AM

Yes I followed the checklist for this problem, no luck.

Basically I was playing a game the other day, and suddenly my screen locked. I could still hear sounds and everything with perfect clarity, but there was no change on the screen. I rebooted the computer and I got no signal on the monitor. After leaving it on for about half an hour eventually I got a mouse with nothing else. Have not gotten the mouse again.

I have tried the computer with other monitors which I know still work from using them with other things, and I tried swapping out the graphics card for an older one of the same model which worked when I put it away. Nothing seems to get it to display anything.

I figured the motherboard or CPU must have gone bad, so I got a new Asus LE Plus, Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram, and an i3 CPU. I put these in my case and connected my graphics card, my PSU, and my hard drives. To my surprise it still didn't work.

I know that stuff is getting power, even the GPU because its fan lights up and starts spinning. But I don't know if it is getting enough power. What I'm wondering is, what should I do? Should I order a new GPU? A new PSU? Try to find a computer shop and see if they'll try swapping out parts to see what works?

More about : video signal

a b B Homebuilt system
February 8, 2013 12:37:45 AM

did you try another video cable to the monitor ?
Score
February 8, 2013 12:38:16 AM

scout_03 said:
did you try another video cable to the monitor ?

Yuppers. No change.
Score
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
February 8, 2013 12:42:09 AM

does this board have the onboard video or another pci-e slot you could try for test on your monitor ?
Score
February 8, 2013 12:53:45 AM

It does have another PCI-E slot but there is no change when using it. It does not have onboard video.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
February 8, 2013 12:59:50 AM

full name and model of that motherboard .
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
February 8, 2013 1:20:58 AM

the new board have video that will work if it is support by the i3 cpu did you install all the driver even the one for the cpu maybe you will have to check on asus fior the chipset and intel vga driver .
Score
February 8, 2013 2:14:21 AM

Unfortunately I cannot install any drivers at the moment as I still cannot get it to display. But the i3 CPU I got was the version without the onboard video support, unfortunately.
Score

Best solution

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 8, 2013 2:26:43 AM

Shmiggles said:
Unfortunately I cannot install any drivers at the moment as I still cannot get it to display. But the i3 CPU I got was the version without the onboard video support, unfortunately.

every sandy/ivy i3 has an igpu (video)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Core_i3_micr...

and you will at get the screen for the BIOS and the default driver to display windows if you haven't installed the latest driver.
February 8, 2013 2:33:45 AM

Huh. Someone told me the difference between one version and the one I got was that the other one had onboard GPU.

Thank you! I'll try it when I get back.
Score
February 8, 2013 5:05:22 PM

Okay the onboard GPU works. Unfortunately thats all I can tell because Windows wants the installation disk because of hardware changes and I don't have it. I've sent for a replacement, I'll post again if there's still a problem after it arrives.
Score
a b B Homebuilt system
February 9, 2013 1:43:10 AM

load the driver for her on the link i post and install them .
Score
March 3, 2013 7:03:23 PM

Best answer selected by Shmiggles.
Score
March 3, 2013 9:50:37 PM

This topic has been closed by Brett928S2
Score
!