Game Window will not fully maximize

I am using a desktop, using XP, playing a game that has worked properly on it
before, no operating system changes or anything. All of a sudden it started
running in a slightly smaller window. It is basically the size of a normal
program's full screen, in that you can still see the blue bar on the top,
though you cannot actually click anything on it. The maximize button on the
bar is depressed. I tried changing the run mode under the properties section
of the app, but to no avail. Any ideas on how to get this thing running in
"pure full screen?"

Hi Overlord,

Have you tried pressing ALT+ENTER?

--