Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Msi vs asus vs evga

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 24, 2012 3:31:57 AM

Hi, so I need help choosing in between the msi power edition 670, the asus direct cu ii non top (will oc it later to match top clocks) or the most popular ftw edition. I will be ocing the cards so it seems like the pe is the way to go with their over voltage, but the dcu ii seems to be pretty cool and silent and im pretty sure I can oc is to match the clock speeds of the pe. The ftw seems the most popular with its 680 pcb and cooler. Any help is appreciate it.

It will be running on an i5 3570k, asrock extreme4 lga 1155 mobo, and in a cm storm stryker.

More about : msi asus evga

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 24, 2012 3:39:31 AM

I know a person who has a PE 670 and he wants another one to SLI. he really likes that card. and it does overclock very well.

On the otherhand I know people who have the 670 Direct CU II and are very happy with their OC's
Score
a b Î Nvidia
December 24, 2012 5:15:21 AM

Get the MSI or Asus.

I would get the MSI PE one. It has Twin Frozr IV !!
That will make your card run cooler than any other. :lol: 
More cooling, better OCing results.

Don't get Evga, they don't have good Fans and produce heat. So gives less headroom for OC.
Score
Related resources
December 24, 2012 3:35:43 PM

Rockdpm said:
I know a person who has a PE 670 and he wants another one to SLI. he really likes that card. and it does overclock very well.

On the otherhand I know people who have the 670 Direct CU II and are very happy with their OC's

Well which do you think I should get? I wont sli them since the 700 series is soon. Do you think that if I get the asus one I can oc it to more than pe levels since it has better cooling and is more silent.
Score
December 24, 2012 3:36:17 PM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:
Get the MSI or Asus.

I would get the MSI PE one. It has Twin Frozr IV !!
That will make your card run cooler than any other. :lol: 
More cooling, better OCing results.

Don't get Evga, they don't have good Fans and produce heat. So gives less headroom for OC.

Than how come the ftw is the most popular 670?
Score
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 24, 2012 5:19:56 PM

honestly if you getting a 700 series.. I'd just get which ever card is cheaper. They both overclock nice. The power edition I think overclocks better but the direct cu II is a better designed card. They are about neck in neck. So close I'd look at it between the color blue and black or red and black. So which ever theme your build is
Score
December 24, 2012 9:27:57 PM

Rockdpm said:
honestly if you getting a 700 series.. I'd just get which ever card is cheaper. They both overclock nice. The power edition I think overclocks better but the direct cu II is a better designed card. They are about neck in neck. So close I'd look at it between the color blue and black or red and black. So which ever theme your build is

Well, the case is black and white, the mobo is black. So either would be nice. What do you think would be better?
Score

Best solution

a b Î Nvidia
December 25, 2012 12:13:12 AM

Ya, get whichever is cheap.
Evga runs too hot which makes them less convenient and you also get less headroom for OC.

Maybe there Evga is popular because other brands are less or Costly.
But the MSI\Asus is a better way to go.

Maybe get the one with Good customer support or Warranty.

And Asus and MSI cards are neck to neck. You'll get 60fps in both cards.
There isn't any reason that Asus\MSI will be faster. It only depends upon the Clock speeds now.
And MSI with Twin Frozr IV take the lead here. You can OC them real hard.

I would personally get that card. :) 
Rest is upto you.
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 25, 2012 12:25:08 AM

another reason i think people like EVGA is because they are NVIDIA"s tier 1 partner
Score
a b Î Nvidia
December 25, 2012 12:31:20 AM

That's totally incorrect, the evga ftw has a good cooling system, you get good temps even overclocked, it has the 680 gtx pcb, no other 670 gtx has that(they have custom 670 pcb), it has one of the best oc from factory and overclocks well beyond that.
Also worth mention, is the evga warranty and its customer support.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
December 25, 2012 12:44:02 AM

Then why Evga's Operating Temp usually higher than others?

I don't say that Evga's cooling is bad. But Other Brand's Cooling is better.
Score
December 25, 2012 2:30:48 AM

Sumukh_Bhagat said:
Ya, get whichever is cheap.
Evga runs too hot which makes them less convenient and you also get less headroom for OC.

Maybe there Evga is popular because other brands are less or Costly.
But the MSI\Asus is a better way to go.

Maybe get the one with Good customer support or Warranty.

And Asus and MSI cards are neck to neck. You'll get 60fps in both cards.
There isn't any reason that Asus\MSI will be faster. It only depends upon the Clock speeds now.
And MSI with Twin Frozr IV take the lead here. You can OC them real hard.

I would personally get that card. :) 
Rest is upto you.

For warranty and support, do I look at who im buying the card from or from the actual company?
Score
December 25, 2012 2:35:13 AM

Best answer selected by sitbar.
Score
a b Î Nvidia
December 25, 2012 4:25:52 AM

sitbar said:
For warranty and support, do I look at who im buying the card from or from the actual company?

The company.
Like Asus, MSI, Evga etc..

If you bought the product from NewEgg, Amazon or Local shop, It doesn't matters. You have to send it to the The company for repairs and all.
Score
!