Help with Set Up?

carpdiem1331

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
Okay so I'm an Australian girl who looking to buy her first custom made desktop. I have a buget of just shy of $2000 (but really hope to save some). I've been looking at different Australian Custom Build websites like JW Computing and such and they all seem okay so far. My problem however is I have NO IDEA what I should and shouldn't be putting in/together. I NEED SOME SERIOUS HELP!!!

I'm an architecture student so the computer needs to run things like AudoCAD such but I'm also a reasonably serious gamer (if my computer would run the games that is). At the moment my computer hardly can even run The Sims 3 (most expansions and such) with my school Software.

I'm looking for something with great graphics, silent, serious storage and really good graphics.

Can any one help?

Currently this is what my set up looks to be:

•Processor: AMD A10-5800K Quad Core APU BLACK EDITION Unlocked 3.8GHz
•RAM / Memory: Latest 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR III 1333 MHz Premium System Memory
•Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows 8 32Bit
•Motherboard: AsRock FM2A85X Extreme4-M USB3.0 supports Dual Graphic Cards Use upto 3 Monitors
•Hard Drive: 2000GB (2TB) Serial ATA Hard Disk Drive
•Solid State Drive (SSD): 120GB Solid State Drive (SSD) Faster and More Reliable (Perfect for those who can not afford to have HDD fail!)
•Graphics Card: 1GB AMD Radeon HD7750 Graphic Accelerator - Superb Graphic - GDDR5 - Good on 3D Game
•Sound Card: Integrated High Definition Audio Chipset
•Optical Drive: BluRay & HD DVD Combo Reader + 16x DVD Writer - Supports Latest Blu-Ray Best Value!!!
•Additional Opitical Drive: No Additional Optical Drive
•Memory Card Reader: "JW 3.5"" Internal Multi Card Reader"
•Case/Chassis: Antec Sonata III Black Mid Tower Case Perfect Combination of Style, Silence and Efficiency
•Power Supply: Widetech 650W Silent PSU, 140mm Cooling Fan, 2 x 6 Pin VGA PCI - Express, 4 x SATA, 5 x 4 Pin IDE Best Value!
•Monitor/Screen: \"23.6\\\"\" LCD Widescreen Monitor - 1920 x 1080 - VGA/DVI - 3 Yrs Manufacturer Warranty\"
•Gaming Mouse : No Gaming Mouse Required
•Gaming Keyboard: No Gaming Keyboard Required
•Speakers: No Speakers Required
•Office Applications: No Office Application Required
•Antivirus & Internet Protection: No Anti Virus Included
•TV Tuner Card: No TV Tuner Required
•Wireless Network Card: No Wireless Card Required
•Processor Cooling Fan: \"Arctic Cooling Silent Processor Fan/Sink Higher Cooling Capacity Than Standard Intel Fan\"
•UPS & Surge Protection: No UPS & Surge Protection Required

Is all that compatible? Do I need to change something? Is there a way to make it better with out upping (or perhaps lowering) the price?

I CAN NOT BUILD IT WITH MY OWN TO HANDS!!! I don't have the time, skill or patience for such a thing. I'm looking for a website that will build it for me but to my specification AND SHIPS TO AUSTRALIA!!!

PLEASE HELP!?!?!?!?!

I will throw my 2 cents in here from the US. I am not sure of what good sites there are in AUS, but if you are a student isn't there a computer club or some guys around you can persuade to help you build a computer? You could save alot of money doing it that way. When I was in school I was always suckered into helping out girls with there computer stuff. Anyway, here are my hardware suggestions for you. At least some general suggestions.

CPU: Do not get an AMD APU if you intend to install a dedicated graphics card. The APU's have modest CPU's and really good onboard graphics compared to other integrated graphics. However, since AutoCAD can be very demanding and is multi-threaded, I would highly suggest an Intel i5. Even if you end up with a lower clocked i5, it has 4 "real" non-hyperthreaded cores that AutoCAD can really take advantage of.

RAM: 16GB should be fine. You could probably get away with 8GB if you knew your files weren't going to be enormous.

Motherboard: An H77 chipset motherboard should be fine if you aren't overclocking. It will have all the features you need

SSD: Just to clarify, SSD's are not any more reliable than HDD's. They both have similar failure rates and differ between manufactures.

Video: I would go for something a little better than a 7750. Maybe a GTX650TI, AMD 7580, or GTX660 if you intend to play games. An AMD 7770 or Nvidia GTX650 would be on the lower side. Also consider a professional graphics card like a Quadro or FirePro. These are much better for professional apps, but not so good for games. They are also much more expensive. I think if you are doing 2D cad you may be ok with a regular consumer card (gaming card), but just something to consider.

OS: Make sure you get 64BIT. A 32Bit OS will not see anything more then 4GB of RAM.

PSU: I do not know what a widetech PSU is, but I'd stick to the main retail manufactures like Antec, Corsair, seasonic, etc. A decent 500W PSU should be perfectly fine for your build.

CPU COOLER: you should really be able to get away with the stock cooler if you are not overclocking. If you want the PC to be quiet then you could go for the Arctic Cooling or a Cooler Master type cooler.

Hope that helps.
~Rowe