All Finished

eyeage

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012
I have completed my first build. After countless hours of research, everything seemed to come together quiet easily. I'm finished with windows, about to work driver updates (can't seem to locate my thumb drive). In the end, it was pretty easy. Took a bit to figure out what the fan control jacks were, but I figured it out eventually. Of course, who knows if the thermal paste looks good (I can only assume it does). Once I get my drivers updated I'll be ready to do some testing. Anyway, Thanks Tomshardware. Between the reviews, and the members, this was pretty sweet.

Few points I'll note from this experience:

I'll most likely not buy from newegg again. I don't mind paying for return shipping if the item isn't defective, but I mind a 15% restocking fee. Also, if it is defective, I mind paying for return shipping. So, in that regard, I'll stick with Amazon/microcenter.

Cable extenders = easier wire management

Having a window without LED fans is bleh... (I'll add some down the road)

The Fractal Design Define R4 is an extremely nice case for $100.

Asrock extreme4 only comes with 2 sata cables, and no speaker for post

Build is in profile, can't want to put it to the test.

Solution
Dont get LED fans, get dedicated lighting like an NZXT Hue.
Motherboards dont come with mobo speakers, should be with the case.

Pics, the forumz demand pics :D.

eyeage

Honorable
Apr 11, 2012

I'll post some next week. Just ordered the Hue, great recommendation. Add a little "pop". I'm waiting on cable extender... as my 8pin is stretched across my mobo atm (yuck), so I haven't tied everything down yet, etc. I'll update the thread on Monday :)