Graphics Card Problems

Tristan Pierce

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Hello, while I was playing a game my computer turned off. When I went to turn it back on, I noticed after a minuet it was not displaying any thing. So I Opened it up and noticed that my Video card was not turning on, the fans were not spinning up. So I unplugged it and plugged it back in. Then Start my computer back up and It works, but then again after about 10-30 minutes it would do the same problem. I am not sure if my video card is getting to that age, or if it is just a minor problem. Please help, Thanks!

My computer specs, In case they help.

SeaGate Barracuda green 1.5 TB 5900 RPM
MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II 2GB
PNY Optima 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333
AMD FX-8150 Zambezi 3.6 GHz AM3+ socket
MSI 990XA-GD55 AM3+
NZXT Fan controller w/Five Channels
Corsair HX series HX750w Modular Active
Corsair H100i Water Cooler

Note I have not had my video card for a year, Purchased in 1/14/12

xtcx

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012

Maybe you should check more "Test cases". There are too many odd parameters here. Try restricting like
1) Use on-board GPU and work for >1 hrs. (eg play small games)
2) Connect GPU card, Stop playing games and simply keep your desktop running. This will help to know if your GPU is suffering power load problems.
3) Try removing components like "External fan + Optical Drives + Remove all but one RAM + Other coolers". This will help to know if this is power related one.
4) Plug your GPU in your friend's PC, etc finally and then come to conclusion of perfect GPU problem.

Your GPU is not that old. I own the same 560 and it's been doing good for over years with hours and hours of usage. Even it should not be a problem for the circuit if you dont use it for a long period unless other factors like humidity\dust affects.

Tristan Pierce

Honorable
Dec 24, 2012
Well it seems to be working with what you have had me try. Unplugging a few things and playing some games, But im not to sure why my power supply cant handle this, Because I have a 750w And I do not believe I am going over that. Maybe you could help me to calculate my wattage?