Not booting.

killaconor

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Hello, i recently swapped computer cases and plugged everything back in and went to power on my computer and the case lights up and the fans spin but the GPU doesn't power up ( it gets hot but the fans don't spin) and the RAM has LED's that aren't lighting up to show activity.

AMD Phenom ll x6 1090t
Radeon HD 7970
2x WD black caviar 1TB
2x Patriot 60gb SSD
750w PSU

The computer was working fine before i swapped cases but now it wont start. The case sounds like it's all going well but the screens are all black.

It the card securely seated in the PCI-E slot. Also, did you plug in the PCI-E power connectors? When in doubt, remove the card and reseat it. Also check to make sure you didn't somehow knock out the GPU fan cable. Some cards it is kind of hanging there and plugs into the GPU board from the cooler.

killaconor

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012

i've reseated the GPU multiple times and even tried swapping it out with another. the thing that confuses me was when i swapped it out the gpu fan's worked fine with it but still no image on the monitor and no activity with the RAM. I put the 7970 back in and still, no fan spin. I thought that since the RAM was having problems it might have been the CPU, so i reseated it. plugged everything back in and still no go. I tried each stick of ram in the first slot with no success. Something i had forgot was when i was moving the MoBo into the computer case i held it by the North Bridge heatsink and it krinked. It's did'nt break or anything and is still attached and all it could have been was a spring that secures it to the MoBo got compressed or something. I'm worrying it may be the PSU or the Mobo. Any advice?

killaconor

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
So i installed my Sabertooth r2.0 and when i powered it up the CPU LED lights up and does not POST or boot into bios. Im using a Phenom ii x6 1090t BE and heard that i might have to flash a newer version or bios for compatibility issues. Only problem is i have to have a working CPU to do that. Also, i only have a 4 pin CPU power plug and it has a 8 pin slot. After reading through the manual it said this shouldnt be a problem but i've heard that it can be. Maybe my CPU not getting enough power is causing the LED to go off? Also, i put my Radeon HD 7970 in and the fans still don't spin. I dont know if they have a RMA or a warranty from the website i bought it from but it's well past the 30 or 60 day warranty ( if there was one).