Nokia 6620 as mp3 player

Last response: in Brands
May 2, 2005 10:59:22 PM

Hello all,

I just purchased a Nokia 6620 phone and am thinking it might make a good
little mp3 player if I can get the right hardware. Just had a few questions
for others who own this phone.

Is the hedset jack capable of stereo output. I cannot use a bluetooth
headset as that will be used by a handheld GPS unit.

Are their either stereo headsets available which output decent quality audio
or perhaps adaptors which can be used to connect to a standard pair of
earphones. The latter would probably be prefered as the earphones could
then be replaced easily if damaged.

Is there a maximum capacity MMC card which the phone will accept. I'm
thinking of a 1gb card but want to make sure it's compatable.

Thanks in advance,
Shane

More about : nokia 6620 mp3 player

May 4, 2005 2:51:18 AM

<shane-dated-1117652058.6c23f1@cm.nu> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I just purchased a Nokia 6620 phone and am thinking it might make a good
> little mp3 player if I can get the right hardware. Just had a few
> questions
> for others who own this phone.
>
> Is the hedset jack capable of stereo output. I cannot use a bluetooth
> headset as that will be used by a handheld GPS unit.
>
> Are their either stereo headsets available which output decent quality
> audio
> or perhaps adaptors which can be used to connect to a standard pair of
> earphones. The latter would probably be prefered as the earphones could
> then be replaced easily if damaged.
>
> Is there a maximum capacity MMC card which the phone will accept. I'm
> thinking of a 1gb card but want to make sure it's compatable.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Shane

I use a Nokia HDS-3 headset. It is inexpensive and provides decent
sounding stereo with the 6620's MP3 feature. You can install the OGG Vorbis
player if Realaudio program that comes on the phone doesn't suit you. I
use a 1GB A-Data MMC card without any problems. Have fun.
-- Cary
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:12:08 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

>I use a Nokia HDS-3 headset. It is inexpensive and provides decent
>sounding stereo with the 6620's MP3 feature. You can install the OGG Vorbis
>player if Realaudio program that comes on the phone doesn't suit you. I

How is the comfort of the hds-3? I find the Nokia mono sets a bit
uncomfortable with the over-ear design and prefer earbuds. Is the hds-3 the
war-on-head type or an earbud design?

Thanks,
Shane
May 5, 2005 2:52:50 AM

> How is the comfort of the hds-3? I find the Nokia mono sets a bit
> uncomfortable with the over-ear design and prefer earbuds. Is the hds-3
> the
> war-on-head type or an earbud design?
>
> Thanks,
> Shane

The HDS-3 headset uses earbuds. It also has a microphone that is worn like a
necklace to use for handfree phone conversations. It is comofrtable and
works well from my end and people I call (or who call me) say it sounds
fine from their end as well -- even when I am outdoors.
-- Cary
!