Nokia 6620 as mp3 player

Hello all,

I just purchased a Nokia 6620 phone and am thinking it might make a good
little mp3 player if I can get the right hardware. Just had a few questions
for others who own this phone.

Is the hedset jack capable of stereo output. I cannot use a bluetooth
headset as that will be used by a handheld GPS unit.

Are their either stereo headsets available which output decent quality audio
or perhaps adaptors which can be used to connect to a standard pair of
earphones. The latter would probably be prefered as the earphones could
then be replaced easily if damaged.

Is there a maximum capacity MMC card which the phone will accept. I'm
thinking of a 1gb card but want to make sure it's compatable.

Thanks in advance,
Shane
3 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6620 player

    <shane-dated-1117652058.6c23f1@cm.nu> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > I just purchased a Nokia 6620 phone and am thinking it might make a good
    > little mp3 player if I can get the right hardware. Just had a few
    > questions
    > for others who own this phone.
    >
    > Is the hedset jack capable of stereo output. I cannot use a bluetooth
    > headset as that will be used by a handheld GPS unit.
    >
    > Are their either stereo headsets available which output decent quality
    > audio
    > or perhaps adaptors which can be used to connect to a standard pair of
    > earphones. The latter would probably be prefered as the earphones could
    > then be replaced easily if damaged.
    >
    > Is there a maximum capacity MMC card which the phone will accept. I'm
    > thinking of a 1gb card but want to make sure it's compatable.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Shane

    I use a Nokia HDS-3 headset. It is inexpensive and provides decent
    sounding stereo with the 6620's MP3 feature. You can install the OGG Vorbis
    player if Realaudio program that comes on the phone doesn't suit you. I
    use a 1GB A-Data MMC card without any problems. Have fun.
    -- Cary

    Hi,

    Thanks for the tips.

    >I use a Nokia HDS-3 headset. It is inexpensive and provides decent
    >sounding stereo with the 6620's MP3 feature. You can install the OGG Vorbis
    >player if Realaudio program that comes on the phone doesn't suit you. I

    How is the comfort of the hds-3? I find the Nokia mono sets a bit
    uncomfortable with the over-ear design and prefer earbuds. Is the hds-3 the
    war-on-head type or an earbud design?

    Thanks,
    Shane

    > How is the comfort of the hds-3? I find the Nokia mono sets a bit
    > uncomfortable with the over-ear design and prefer earbuds. Is the hds-3
    > the
    > war-on-head type or an earbud design?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Shane

    The HDS-3 headset uses earbuds. It also has a microphone that is worn like a
    necklace to use for handfree phone conversations. It is comofrtable and
    works well from my end and people I call (or who call me) say it sounds
    fine from their end as well -- even when I am outdoors.
    -- Cary

Nokia Phones MP3