Upgrading help

Hello guys!

For a few months i've been following this website and the forums. I'm very curious about computers and their hardware.

Anyhow getting to the point, i would like to know if i can upgrade my computer's graphic card.

I understand a little about the cpu and ram but when it comes to graphic cards i really know nothing. To give some insight into my system, here is what i gathered by using CPU-Z:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7600 3.06 ghz

Motherboard: Acer EG43M; Graphic Interface PCI-Express (link width x16 max supported x16)

Memory: DDR3 4gb Dual Channel

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 315 512 Mb.

I know that most of the new games will require a stronger cpu, but my main goal right now is to be able to play games like skyrim at high at 30 fps.

I would rather not spend more than 120€, but if there's no other choice I'll have to go with it.

Thank you very much for the time and for the support.
4 answers Last reply
More about upgrading help
  1. looks like a gigabyte board ?............... anyways, monitor size/resolution.
  2. I'm so sorry, i'm never sure what is useful to know and what isn't. My current screen resolution is 1280 x 1024, though my grandfather offered me today a new screen with 1920 x 1080 of resolution (so ill be using this one from now on)
  3. Yep. We actually don't need your monitor's size, just the resolution you aim to be playing the game at.

Also, just checking, this isn't a laptop, right?

EDIT: Ninja'ed.

For 1080p (your grandfather's screen), and your budget, I'd hunt around sales looking for a 7770. Newegg has a 7770 GHz edition on sale for $120, but they don't ship outside the US, I don't believe.
  4. no, this is a desktop
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CPUs Graphics