Sign in with
Your question

What's going on?!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 5:11:48 PM

Okay so basically I've got my PC etc right. Now I can't pinpoint if it's my ram or gpu. But just now I got a blue screen with white vertical lines , now I'm guessing it's to do with my gpu since it's via my screen? But now how can I make sure it's my gpu or ram ?

Thanks

More about : question

a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 8:33:23 PM

use memtest 86 to test your ram overnight.
and this means you flunked the nerd test and are being demoted to nerd-wannabe.
(re: your pic)
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 9:15:27 PM

Yeah I've already run memtest86+ and didn't find any errors. But it's not 100% accurate at times so I'm running it again. So I'm still a Nerd thank you ;) 
Related resources
a c 135 U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 9:23:46 PM

Run 2 instances of gpuz(one for each card in your crossfire setup) and open the sensors tab then run furmark and watch the temps and voltages. You may also want to try 1 card at a time in the top slot if possible.
a c 135 U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 9:27:14 PM

ihsaan96 said:
Yeah I've already run memtest86+ and didn't find any errors. But it's not 100% accurate at times so I'm running it again. So I'm still a Nerd thank you ;) 

-1 to your nerd cred for labeling your crossfire setup as SLI in your system details. SLI is Nvidia, Crossfire is AMD. :) 
a b U Graphics card
December 24, 2012 10:01:05 PM

bignastyid said:
-1 to your nerd cred for labeling your crossfire setup as SLI in your system details. SLI is Nvidia, Crossfire is AMD. :) 

Forgot to change it from ski to crossfire haha, I was using nvidia card before thats why. Also thanks I'll try that out.
!