Sign in with
Your question

Pc freezes(Have to restart it )

Last response: in Systems
February 8, 2013 7:23:46 PM

Hello guys
I have a problem
My pc freezes while playing games like Battlefield 3 or Assassins Creed 3 (Multiplayer or compaign mode) both of them.I don't really know what the problem is because it's a new computer like 5 days old and the temperatures are also normal.
The specifications are:
Intel i5 3570K
PNY GTX 660ti
16 gb ram
1Tb Harddisk
Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H
Advance MPT 650 Watt.
Please help me. It will be really kind of you.

Btw when the computer freezes it makes kind of a weird tone noise and also i cant alt+del or do anything.I just have to restart it.
And i also tried playing games on lower settings but still the same problem. Sometimes the problem takes 20 or 30 mins to occur and sometimes really quick like 5 or 7 mins or less.I did a test of Processor,Graphic card,Harddisk and Ram they are normal

More about : freezes restart

February 8, 2013 7:46:13 PM

the psu looks suspicious. its not a major brand (always issues with those).

first id try taking out the video card and running the onboard alone and see what happens.
m
l
February 8, 2013 7:59:05 PM

make sure your mb has all the bios updates. in th bios make sure your ram xmp profile is turned on. run cpu-z to check that your ram is running at it right speed. (spd) tab tell you your ram rated speed). use gpu-z to see that the gpu is runing rihgt. use hardware monitor to watch temps and ps voltages. use msi afterburner and set a fan profile that turns the fan on around 50c. at 100 percent..rule out the gpu over heating.
m
l
February 18, 2013 2:56:40 PM

So guys the problem has been solved. The guy who made my pc changed the processor and the processor fan which totally solved the problem. Indeed It was a really irritating problem.
m
l
Related resources
!